2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2015 1:29 PM by A.T. Romano

How to convert a DVD video to Blu-ray with Premiere Elements?

NLPguy Level 1

Hi,

Please, I would like to know how to convert a dvd video to blu-ray with Adobe Premiere Elements?

I oftentimes use VReveal to do this task.

But I want to discovery another software that make it.

Thank you so much!

• 1. Re: How to convert a DVD video to Blu-ray with Premiere Elements?
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

You really can't totally convert a DVD to BluRay, since you are trying to make something really big out of something much smaller

Comparison picture of video screen sizes http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1120039

To have a true HiDef BluRay, you need to start with HiDef video

• 2. Re: How to convert a DVD video to Blu-ray with Premiere Elements?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

NLPguy

What version of Premiere Elements are you using and on what computer operating system is it running?

Assuming you are willing to explore the consequences of upscaling the DVD-VIDEO (assumed widescreen) to Blu-ray disc format, you would do the following

Assuming that you are starting with NTSC DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc and using Premiere Elements13/13.1 on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit....

1. Open Premiere Elements 13/13.1 to the Expert workspace. Go to File Menu/New/Project and change the project preset to NTSC DV Widescreen.

2. Then place your DVD disc with the DVD-VIDEO widescreen format in the burner tray.

3. In Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Expert workspace, use Add Media/DVD camera or computer drive)/Video Importer to get the DVD-VIDEO video files (VTS_01_1.VOB and series) from the disc into the project.

4. Publish+Share/Disc/Blu-ray disc with one of the Blu-ray presets.

If you need more details, please let me know.

Thank you.

ATR

Add On....NTSC DVD-VIDEO widescreen DVD disc = 720 x 480 16:9 where the 16:9 flag stretches the video to 872 x 480 16:9 for display after encoding. Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc = 1920 x 1080 16:9