9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2015 9:35 AM by A.T. Romano

No sound from imported game footage...???

Distance Of Shadows

Recorded some game footage and trying it out elements for a video editor (On trial atm, if I can use it I will probably buy it). When I put vid into elements there was no sound... not even anything in the audio story board. The sound is there when I view the original video file, but it doesn't seem to transfer to Adobe Premiere Elements 13. Don't know much about computers but the game footage is in an AVI format I think... Only format option I have.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong and how do I fix it? ^^

• 1. Re: No sound from imported game footage...???
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

AVI is a wrapper, what is inside YOUR wrapper - Exactly what is INSIDE the video you are editing?

Report back with the codec details of your file, use the programs below... A screen shot works well to SHOW people what you are doing https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1070933 for screen shot instructions

Free programs to get file information for PC/Mac http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo/Download

• 2. Re: No sound from imported game footage...???
            A.T. Romano Level 7

distance of shadows

Are you working with the tryout version of Premiere Elements 13? I did not understand "on trial atm".

If 13, please troubleshot in the Expert workspace instead of the Quick workspace, so that you can see better what is going on and consequently have more control over the workflow. When you do that, do you see an audio representation on Audio Track 1 when you import your .avi file?

What is the name of the device that is recording the video that you are calling an .avi file and importing it into your Premiere Elements project?

Please download and install the free codec utility named GSpot and tell us the readings for

Video Name, Codec, and Status

and

Audio Name and Status

GSpot Codec Information Appliance

Any other properties of the file would be helpful, such as frame size and frame rate (especially whether or not the frame rate was recorded constant or variable). If variable, you will most likely have to convert your video to the H.264.mp4 version with constant frame rate in the free HandBrake program.

Can you import video from another source and format into the project and have video and audio at playback in the project?

Please review, consider, and supply details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: No sound from imported game footage...???
              Distance Of Shadows Level 1

Using MSI Afterburner to record game footage of Dragon Age Inquisition but there's no sound when I put the video into elements.

drag.png

adob.png

• 4. Re: No sound from imported game footage...???

I meant I am on the trial version, didn't know if that had any limitations compared to the brought version.

Also there's no audio file at all...

"Any other properties of the file would be helpful, such as frame size and frame rate (especially whether or not the frame rate was recorded constant or variable)." Frame Rate is 30 FPS and think its constant. Frame size is full screen.

"Can you import video from another source and format into the project and have video and audio at playback in the project?" No idea what that means.. Apart from trying to be a YouTuber, I don't do technical things on the computer.

adob.png

• 5. Re: No sound from imported game footage...???

Downloaded the GSpot Codec Information Appliance and put my video into it and this is what it came up with

adob 2.png

• 6. Re: No sound from imported game footage...???

On afterburners settings I clicked on Enable MJPG Decoder and it worked So it seems like I just was a simple mistake which is easy to do since I don't do computers xD

Thank you both for trying to help ^^

• 7. Re: No sound from imported game footage...???
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Distance of Shadows

Thanks for the follow up that you have resolved your own issue. I am glad to learn of your success moving forward with your project.

However, then the GSpot audio properties readout becomes interesting since it says that the audio codec is not installed on your computer for the file with which you are have audio problems in Premiere Elements. I am not seeing how "on afterburners settings I clicked on Enable MJPG Decoder" overcame that "codec is not installed" property of the import file. Could you explain...where and what is afterburner settings?

Thanks.

ATR

• 8. Re: No sound from imported game footage...???

"I am not seeing how "on afterburners settings I clicked on Enable MJPG Decoder" overcame that "codec is not installed" property of the import file."

I'm a gamer and a sixth form student who hasn't done ICT (except from doing stuff with games), so I don't know how its linked to codecs. And I had to look up what codec means when the other person mentioned it xD

Where = I don't know where my Dad downloaded it from, so just googled it. http://gaming.msi.com/features/afterburner

What = Afterburner is this free graphics software that overclocks(?) the system, but it also has screen and video capture abilities.

The settings I use for video recording is:

Format: MJPG compression (No idea what this is)

Container Format: Audio Video Interleave AVI (Puts vids into AVI format)

Quality: 85% (Recording Dragon Age Inquisition so high quality)

Frame size: Full Frame (Probably means recording full screen)

Frame Rate: 30FPS (YouTube vids have this frame rate)

Enabled MJPS Coder (Adobe Elements probably cant read MJPS compressed audio, which is probably why I had no sound until I ticked the box)

2 Audio sources

-WASAPI Playback (Speakers)

-WASAPI Capture (Microphone or extra/enhanced sound)

Mix Multiple Audio Tracked clicked on (No idea what this does but apparently need it if using 2 audio sources)

And that's about all I know about the settings ^^

• 9. Re: No sound from imported game footage...???
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Distance Of Shadows

Thanks for the reply with more details of your success with your project.

Best wishes with your Premiere Elements projects.

ATR