3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2015 7:26 AM by Mrinmay Majhi

Lightroom 5 pops up / opens automatically in Win10

Einar Baldvin

Hi. I have recently installed Win10. I now experience that Lr and the "import" window of my Lightroom 5 often open automatically. This may happen several time a day while in the middle of other tasks, e.g. while browsing the internet. This was not an issue while in Win7. Look forward to your help as this is very troublesome.

• 1. Re: Lightroom 5 pops up / opens automatically in Win10
          Tanuj Sandal Adobe Employee

Hi einar,

The Import Window generally pops up in Lightroom when you connect any memory card or any external drive to the computer.

You may turn off this setting by going to the Preferences of Lightroom, and in the General Tab, please uncheck the option for " Show import dialog when memory card is detected"

Please let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Tanuj

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Lightroom 5 pops up / opens automatically in Win10
            Einar Baldvin Level 1

Hi Tanuj and thanks for the reply. However, I am aware of the feature you mention and have checked that the "show import dialogue when memory card is detected" is unchecked. Furthermore, the popup of the import dialogue in our case is not related to connecting memory cards or external drives, unless it can have something to do with the external hdd drive that is constantly connected to the computer? The popup generally happens while in the midst of browsing the internet. Can it be connected to photos on homepages being stored in cache or sth. like that?

Regards,

Einar

• 3. Re: Lightroom 5 pops up / opens automatically in Win10
              Mrinmay Majhi Adobe Employee

Hi Einar,

How exactly is your external hard drive connected? Is that via USB cable directly to the computer?

If so, please connect it to any other USB port and check for the issue.

~Mrinmay

1 person found this helpful