• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converted PDF to Word - can't edit it in Word.

New Here ,
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After converting to Word, I can't edit in Word.  The entire page is one picture.  I thought Adobe Export PDF was to convert to docx for editing.  What am i missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Hey djangobill43,

Please let me know if the original PDF file comprised of text or only images.

If it contains text also, then you can click on Enable all features option that appears on the top right side of the word document.

Consequently, it will enable editing in the word file.

If the original file has an image only, then the converted word file will also contain images which is why you are unable to edit anything.

Let me know on the same.

Regards,

Anubha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2015 Sep 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey djangobill43,

Please let me know if the original PDF file comprised of text or only images.

If it contains text also, then you can click on Enable all features option that appears on the top right side of the word document.

Consequently, it will enable editing in the word file.

If the original file has an image only, then the converted word file will also contain images which is why you are unable to edit anything.

Let me know on the same.

Regards,

Anubha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2015 Sep 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have scanned in a page of sheet music (a basic chord chart - staff lines (with melody line) and chord symbols above the staff lines). I saved it as a pdf file. I then opened it and converted to word. When I open the word file it is not as scanned, but somewhat disjointed with some chords symbols (e.g. Emi7, D-7) are in character-type symbols. There is no “Enable all features” option on the top right side of the word doc. Each staff line with notes and chords is encircled by a boundary with sizing points in the corners and mid points the width of the page. I thought maybe I would be able to edit within each “box”, but it doesn’t appear so. Any suggestion? I thought this app would enable me to edit the music and make changes. Right now I’m pretty frustrated and feeling ripped off, wondering what the Export PDF is really meant for.

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file is all text. There is no Enable all features.

I get a plus sign with arrow heads. I cannot Edit the file. There is no I beam to locate. It seems like the text is one big unit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources