1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 22, 2015 12:43 PM by Toto RoToTO

Official Adobe Route To Build & Distribute HTML 5 Photoshop Extensions

ian-barber Level 1

Pre Photoshop CC building and distributing extension panels were easy thanks to the drag and drop design of the Configurator.

Now we are moved forward to CC and especially has the Extension Manager has retired, what is the official route Adobe suggests for building extension panels for Photoshop CC.

Up to now, I have been using Sublime Text to create the Panel with HTML and Topcoat css to implement the UI colours for the different Photoshop themes, Dark, Dark Dark etc.

For distribution, I have been using the Install script supplied by Davide Barranca.

Although this workflow works, I still feel it is a little clunky.

Having searched Adobe, I have found ref to Extension Builder but the document refers to using Extension Manager to distributer the final extension panel which is now redundant. I have also read about submitting the panels to Adobe online but unless you are offering thhe panel for free, there appears to be a cost to this. I would much prefer to be in control of the distribution via my own website.

So my question is..   what is the official route Adobe suggests for building and distributing extension panels for Photoshop CC.

Ian