2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2015 12:15 PM by TᴀW

Adobe forms - pretty disappointing

tiredofregistrations

Fully paid up and updated Adobe CC account.

Want to make some nice forms using InDesign to make our training reports look nice and be streamlined.

First hassle: Fields still can't take a font of your choosing. Times New roman.

Work around: edit it in Acrobat.

Second hassle: This is a very fiddly process and Acrobat keeps crashing, which doesn't help.

Third hassle: I want lots of fields to auto populate based on choices on the first page. Acrobat doesn't seem to recognise this.

Fourth hassle: Adobe reader keeps crashing with the file I created.

Fifth hassle: Apple's Preview doesn't see many of the fields either.

Am I doing something wrong?

• 1. Re: Adobe forms - pretty disappointing
          Jeffrey_Smith Most Valuable Participant

Second hassle: This is a very fiddly process and Acrobat keeps crashing, which doesn't help.

What version of Acrobat are you using? Is this version updated to latest patch? If one certain file is causing issue, then an element: font, graphic, process of pdf creation, etc. could be the culprit and needs to be examined.

Third hassle: I want lots of fields to auto populate based on choices on the first page. Acrobat doesn't seem to recognise this.

For fields to auto populate information based on conditions and input from other fields, you would need to use javascript, and the syntax of code needs to be precise. Feel free to post a specific example of something not working correctly.

Fifth hassle: Apple's Preview doesn't see many of the fields either.

Form elements are not supported in Preview.

• 2. Re: Adobe forms - pretty disappointing
            TᴀW Adobe Community Professional & MVP

FormMagic (http://www.id-extras.com/products/formmagic) takes care of your 1st and 2nd hassles. The free edition works with short forms.