2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 15, 2015 6:29 PM by spirit-d

Why is my AIR .exe Captive Runtime app doesn't run in Windows 8 ? 10 like in Windows 7

spirit-d

I would like to know why when I'm releasing and testing my app with AIR SDK 18 Flex

It shows the main Window but doesn't run any of the initialization and hang there without

doing anything.

• 1. Re: Why is my AIR .exe Captive Runtime app doesn't run in Windows 8 ? 10 like in Windows 7
          spirit-d Level 1

The problem seems to be related to the ANE which is triggering this error when I run in debug mode with Windows 10 and Flash Builder.

ArgumentError: Error #3500: The extension context does not have a method with the name initialize.

at flash.external::ExtensionContext/_call()

at flash.external::ExtensionContext/call()

at ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------l\FractalUniverse.as:34]

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()

at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()

at mx.core::UIComponent/dispatchEvent()

at mx.core::UIComponent/set initialized()

at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiation()

at mx.managers::LayoutManager/doPhasedInstantiationCallback()

Why isn't the ANE not working in these 2 environments?

• 2. Re: Why is my AIR .exe Captive Runtime app doesn't run in Windows 8 ? 10 like in Windows 7
            spirit-d Level 1

This ANE was built for Win32 since there are not other options to build ANE for 64 bits Windows or Mac.

How to fix this problem?