11 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2015 4:43 PM by A.T. Romano

I can't import videos

alanh7294713

version 13 fails to import videos. Was fine in version11

• 1. Re: I can't import videos
          A.T. Romano Level 7

alanh

Please give more details.

What are the properties of your videos. Brand/model/settings of camera that recorded the video should give us the information if you do not know outright.

More later.

ATR

• 2. Re: I can't import videos
            A.T. Romano Level 7

alanh

Add On to post 1.....

What computer operating system is involved?

Do you now have Premiere Elements 11 installed on the same computer with Premiere Elements 13?

Is the import problem just in the Premiere Elements 13 Editor or is the problem in the Elements Organizer 13 also?

Bottom line: if you have videos that will not import into Premiere Elements, we need to know the properties of those videos, especially video and audio compression and file extension. Do you have issues importing jpeg photos also?

Any questions or need clarification on the questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: I can't import videos
              alanh7294713 Level 1

I use an advc 10 converter between video devices and Mac that Runs Premier Elements. Version12 and previous versions have worked OK with this setup.Version 13 gives the error message,"No supported detected.

• 4. Re: I can't import videos
                alanh7294713 Level 1

I am using a Mac that runs OS X Mountain Lion.

• 5. Re: I can't import videos
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

alanh

Thanks for the reply.

Please refer to post 2 and questions.

Premiere Elements 13 Mac. Are you working with the 13.1 Update for 13...updated from an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

A key factor is a description of the properties of the videos that you are not now importing into Premiere Elements

With this question, I am after

Video compression

Audio compression

Frame size

Frame rate (constant or variable frame rate)

File extension

Pixel Aspect Ratio

Do you still have Premiere Elements 11 or 12/12.1 installed on the same Mac computer along with Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Mac?

Will these same videos import directly into the Elements Organizer 13/13.1?

Please supply the requested information since it is important in trying to comment on why the import problem now and not before.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: I can't import videos
                    alanh7294713 Level 1

I am using ADVC110 a to d convertor into my Mac firewire port, which works fine with V 12.

i have just loaded v.13.1 to update v13 as you suggest.Still can't import videos.

Running Mac with OS X Mountain Lion

• 7. Re: I can't import videos
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

alanh

Premiere Elements 13/13.1 no long supports DV or HDV capture firewire into a Premiere Elements capture window. The last version to support this function was Premiere Elements 12/12.1. This has been written about before, one example...

Cannot get PE 13 to recognize ADVC110 device. How?

Have you read the Adobe document on this

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/kb/removed-features-formats-elements.html

When you do what you are doing now in Premiere Elements 12/12.1, what Add Media/ choice do you use?

If you need supplemental information on this Premiere Elements 13/13.1 matter, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 8. Re: I can't import videos
                        alanh7294713 Level 1

Thank you for your help and the solution.

Regards Alan H.

• 9. Re: I can't import videos
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

alanh

Thanks for your update.

Please let us know of your progress as your time permits.

Best wishes

ATR

• 10. Re: I can't import videos
                            alanh7294713 Level 1

I feel slightly cheated by Adobe because of this issue. I shall revert to using v.12.1.

I will not be buying iPhoto just for the importing facility.

V.13 wasn't so much an upgrade as retrograde in my estimation.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Regards AlanH

• 11. Re: I can't import videos
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

AlanH

When did you purchase Premiere Elements 13 Mac and from whom?

If you purchased Premiere Elements 13 Mac as a download from Adobe within the last 30 days, you can request return/refund.

Return, cancel, or exchange an Adobe order

If you purchased elsewhere, the return/refund would be governed by the return/refund policy of the seller.

Adobe should be releasing a new version of Premiere Elements within the new few days or weeks (usually annually around September October 2015 - last year the release date for 13 was September 24, 2014). Also, Adobe has had a practice of offering complimentary new version if the previous version was purchased within 30 days of the release date for the new version. The new features of the new version are not made known until the moment the new version is released.

Just an assortment of thoughts as you move forward.

Best wishes for whatever your decision.

ATR