4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 29, 2007 8:16 AM by robdillon

Unable to move panel groups in Director MX2004

Wally_T
      Any help would be appreciated on this.

I opened Director today after installing/updating Vegas to version 7.0 and DVD Architect to version 4.0 a couple of weeks ago. Director MX2004 (ver. 10.1) opened, but when I tried to drag and drop the stage panel window, it flickered real funny then snapped back to the position it was in. Same thing with the Score.

Very strange indeed.

Wally
        • 1. Re: Unable to move panel groups in Director MX2004
          duckets Level 1

Haven't heard of this problem, but if I was in your position I would try an un-install and re-install of Director.

hope this helps,

- Ben
          • 2. Re: Unable to move panel groups in Director MX2004
            DirectorInspector
            I am having this same problem, I recently installed Sony Vegas also. I am unable to move the panels from the center of the screen as it just keeps them in the middle. It allows me to mount the property inspector, etc to the left, but not the right. When I try to put it on the right, the program shuts down. I could work with it having them mounting to left, but the stage, score, and cast windows stay centered and cannot be moved. I have un-installed it and reinstalled it and the same problem is happening. This is ridiculous, I am wondering if you found a correction to this problem. I do not think that Vegas would be causing the problem as I have Vegas and Director on my computer at work which has them both and works fine. This is on a PC with XP, as is my cpu at work. Also I have it setup with the dual monitors with the matrix2go system so I have two screens hooked up but that should not be the problem or reason for this happening. Does no one have a answer to this issue?
            • 3. Re: Unable to move panel groups in Director MX2004
              Wally_T Level 1
              Hey Director Inspector,

I have not been able to fix the problem. I did, however, create another user profile on the same machine and the problem didn't show up. I have not bothered researching any further as I've taken a day job and that computer is my main recording studio computer. I seldom program in Director on that machine.

I do have most of the software that is on that computer on a Sony Vaio Laptop running a Centrino processor and XP Home Edition.

It has Cakewalk Sonar, Vegas, Sound Forge, DVD Arch, CD Arch, Director, Flash 8, Dreamweaver, Photoshop & Illustrator CS3 among other and it runs both applications with no problems.

Go figure. Good luck and if you do work it out, please post.

Wally
              • 4. Re: Unable to move panel groups in Director MX2004
                robdillon Most Valuable Participant
                You probably have a corrupted preferences file for Director. Find it and throw it away. Director will make a new one the next time you start Director.