6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2015 4:57 AM by JoeKostoss

I use a PC, and i operate LR3. I am a new comer to LR, so bear with me! My problem relates to the import function. I have an extensive photo library on an external hard drive. I have slowly been importing previews of selected photos from the library into

rogerangel

I use a PC, and I operate LR3. I am a new comer to LR, so bear with me! My problem relates to the import function.

I have an extensive photo library on an external hard drive. I have slowly been importing previews of selected photos from the library into my Catalog, by Adding them during the import process - so far so good. But now I have hit a problem.One particular folder in my Photo Library contains a number of sub-files, each containing a number of photos (a mixture of RAW flies (NEFs) and JPGs). I have been importing previews into my Catalog from each sub-file in turn, by using the Add function, generally of the JPGs only from each sub-file. This has been working fine, until I reached one particular sub-file. For some reason, when I try to import from it, and select the sub-file as the Source, only the RAW (NEF) images appear in the preview pane (sorry, forgotten the correct term for it!). I know the JPGs are in this sub-file on the external hard drive, because when I view its contents in Windows, they are all there. But try as I may (selecting the sub-file as source, selecting the parent folder as source, trying to Copy or Move them, instead of Add them), nothing seems to work. Since they don't appear in the preview pane, I can't import them. It appears to be only this one sub-file where the problem exists, but I can't see anything about it which is different from the others (the sub-file names all use the same structure - yyyy-mm-dd_custom name, and the photos within all the sub-files adopt the same naming structure too - yyyy-mm-dd_sequential number_custom name.NEF/JPG. So what am I doing wrong? Any ideas please.