17 Replies Latest reply on Sep 16, 2015 9:25 AM by dj_paige

Lightroom 6 très lent

dc99366833 Level 1

Bonjour,

J'ai de sérieux problèmes de lenteur en mode développement sur LR6.

Il est encore assez réactif sur une photo "neuve" mais devient de plus en plus lent au fur et à mesure des corrections jusqu'à devenir totalement inutilisable (par exemple 25 secondes pour voir s'appliquer une modification de la température). C'est simplement inutilisable.

Mon système :

Win 7 pro / 64

Processeur : Intel core i5 2.6 Ghz

RAM : 8 GB

DD : 500 GB (270 libres)

J'ai tout essayé:

- désinstal et réinstallation

- les conseils donnés par Adobe (réglage des mémoires caches, optimisation du catalogue, création d'aperçus 1:1, désactivation de l'accélération du processeur graphique....) et sur les forums à droite à gauche.

- vérification de mon système (défrag, scan antivirus, désactivation de tous les autres logiciels pendant le travail sur LR...)

- j'ai tenté une mise à jour vers LR 6.1.1, elle a commencé puis a planté. Depuis lorsque je veux la faire, LR me met ce message :

Y a-t-il un rapport?...

Je n'ai jamais eu ce type de problème avec les anciennes versions de LR (5,4,3...).

Quelqu'un a-t-il une piste?

• 1. Re: Lightroom 6 très lent
          dj_paige Level 9

Are you performing a lot of brushing or a lot of spot healing on your photos?

• 2. Re: Lightroom 6 très lent
            dc99366833 Level 1

Yes, a little bit...

• 3. Re: Lightroom 6 très lent
              dc99366833 Level 1

Some thing like 3 to 5 local Healings and the same amount of brushing.

• 4. Re: Lightroom 6 très lent
                dj_paige Level 9

That could be the problem. Make sure you have turned OFF the graphics acceleration in Lightroom.

There are three things you can try to speed things up:

1. Do any lens corrections as the very last step, after all the brushing and spot healing.
                2. Get a faster CPU
                3. The best solution is to perform brushing and spot healing in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements.
                1 person found this helpful
                • 5. Re: Lightroom 6 très lent
                  dc99366833 Level 1

Yes, I did turn OFF the graphic acceleration. Anyway it is impossible for LR6 to work with it turn on on my system (blue window with white X)

I understand your advises but I didn't met these problems on LR 4 or 5. I added 4 GO of RAM and switch to 64 bits to speed up the system.

LR 6 is really too slow to be used that way and I don't use photoshop.

Lens corrections are needed BEFORE other ones, especially with wide lens (like 16 or 17 mm) as it correct a lot a vignetting.

Changing the CPU could be an option but in many forums people who did that said that it did not change a lot the speed.

Even without brushing or healing, the corrections are slow (some are worst like temperature)

• 6. Re: Lightroom 6 très lent
                    dj_paige Level 9

Lens corrections are needed BEFORE other ones, especially with wide lens (like 16 or 17 mm) as it correct a lot a vignetting.

Except that for speed reasons, you want to do this after all brushing and spot healing. I guess there's not a good solution for you.

Changing the CPU could be an option but in many forums people who did that said that it did not change a lot the speed.

I am highly skeptical. The one thing that directly affects speed in develop is the speed of the CPU (in the case where the GPU acceleration has been turned off).

Even without brushing or healing, the corrections are slow (some are worst like temperature)

This is most likely because Lightroom is, in the background, still using a lot of the CPU to create the thumbnails of previous photos that you edited.

Try this experiment. Create a new catalog, add 100 photos, do all of your editing except for brushing and spot healing. Does the speed problem go away? If so, then this seems to pinpoint the problem.

• 7. Re: Lightroom 6 très lent
                      dc99366833 Level 1

Then you for your precisions, I tried so (doing a very small catalog) and it is true that it is quicker.

What I don't understand is that my main catalog is already very small, sending there only my best pictures (less than 2000 images!!).

So what do you think is the real problem?

With a win7 /64 bits, 8 GO RAM, 2.6 Ghz processor, don't you think it should be quick?

• 8. Re: Lightroom 6 très lent
                        dj_paige Level 9

This has nothing to do with catalog size.

This has to do with what develop tools you are using or not using on a given photo (and perhaps on previous photos as the previews take a long time to generate, and so it can affect the speed of the tools on the next photo)

With a win7 /64 bits, 8 GO RAM, 2.6 Ghz processor, don't you think it should be quick?

For every situation except when you do a lot of brushing or spot healing, yes it should be quick. For cases where you do a lot of brushing and spot healing in Lightroom, this will be slow. As I said, a faster CPU will help, but the best solution is to do the spot healing and brushing outside of Lightroom.

• 9. Re: Lightroom 6 très lent
                          dc99366833 Level 1

OK, and so what do you advise to do?

• 10. Re: Lightroom 6 très lent
                            dj_paige Level 9

I have said this previously (twice), now thrice

1. Do any lens corrections as the very last step, after all the brushing and spot healing.
                            2. Get a faster CPU
                            3. The best solution is to perform brushing and spot healing in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements.
                            • 11. Re: Lightroom 6 très lent
                              dc99366833 Level 1

I tried to do many healings and brush on a photo of the small catalog and the speed is still quite good...

I don't understand...

• 12. Re: Lightroom 6 très lent
                                dc99366833 Level 1

Which CPU would you recomand?

• 13. Re: Lightroom 6 très lent
                                  dc99366833 Level 1

My actual one is an Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000.

Should not be that bad as I asked my informatician to built my computer with a good one for photo editing

• 14. Re: Lightroom 6 très lent
                                    dc99366833 Level 1

OK, you seem to be gone. Thank you for your kind help anyway!

• 15. Re: Lightroom 6 très lent
                                      dj_paige Level 9

dc99366833 wrote:

My actual one is an Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000.

Should not be that bad as I asked my informatician to built my computer with a good one for photo editing

A top of the line graphics processor will not help with brushing and spot healing, in fact if you use those tools, you are better off turning off the graphics acceleration, which makes those tasks slower. See GPU notes for Lightroom CC (2015)

If the people who build your computer don't understand how Lightroom works, you will find that perhaps it is not optimized for Lightroom.

Which CPU would you recomand?

The fastest one you can afford. Or a cheaper one and do the brushing and spot healing in Photoshop or Photoshop Elements.

• 16. Re: Lightroom 6 très lent
                                        dc99366833 Level 1

Thank you again.

I read the article you sent me on GPU.

I think I will try to get a better one. They say that 2 GB is good. I will search for such one.

• 17. Re: Lightroom 6 très lent
                                          dj_paige Level 9

The article also says that using GPU acceleration makes brushing and spot healing slower.