8 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2006 9:39 AM by HWHomberg

Gradient as a Table Background Works, but Color is Wrong

DiMost
      Hi:

I've created gradients in Web pages as well as in tables in Web pages, but I can't seem to get it to work properly in WebHelp. I can get the gradient to display in a table, but the colors are not right--it is dark blue to black (close to my skin colors?); the color should have been pale grey to white. I want to put the gradient in the page header or in the page header table. Either will work for me. I don't want the whole page to have a gradient, only the header.

After entering the code in Truecode, after I save the file and go back and look at the page, the color delimeters are gone! The rest of the code is there. Weird.

Robohelp keeps everything in the statement up to "Microsoft.Gradient" and discards the rest consisting of (endColorstr='#EEEEEE', startColorstr='#FFFFFF', gradientType='0');" which is what determines the colors. RoboHelp also as changes the single quotes and adds spaces.

Here is the code I used, after the last !. Any suggestions would be welcome.

!===!<p>Gradient Table Example</p>
      </p>
      <table border="1" width="100%" id="table1">
      <tr>
      <table style="filter:progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Gradient(endColorstr='#EEEEEE', startColorstr='#FFFFFF', gradientType='0');"</style width="1036">

<td>Table is here.
      <p> </td>
      </tr>
      </table>

Regards,
      Diana