9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2015 9:44 AM by Docssummersky

problem with trying to load  XAVC

Docssummersky

Good afternoon, I own a Sony PXW-X70 XDCAM. I purchased Adobe Pro Elements so I could download and format these files. the problem i am having it it has downloaded but only as a still picture for each video clip. it also comes up with a error message say there is not any codec downloaded on your system. do i have to down load the XAVC CODEC to use. I saw your product advertised as being able to process these sort of files, please help, regards.

• 1. Re: problem with trying to load  XAVC
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Docssummersky

What program do you have...

Premiere Elements

or

Premiere Pro

There is no Adobe Pro Elements that I have ever heard of.

Are your recordings from that Sony giving you a file with a .MXF file extension? And, apparently the compression is XAVC-L, not XAVC-S.

If your program is Premiere Elements 12/12.1 or 13/13.1, please be advised that Premiere Elements does not support video with the .MXF file extension.

Needs conversion before import into the Premiere Elements project. Premiere Elements 12/12.1 and 13/13.1 support the import of XAVC-S (no .MXF file extension) into project and has export presets for it.

Please review, consider, and supply more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: problem with trying to load  XAVC
            Docssummersky Level 1

Thank you for your fast reply, sorry about the confusion, I have the Adobe premiere Elements 13 I have just done an update on there. As to my Sony I just recorded in the XAVC mode, I will have to look on the cam for more details. All I did was to plug the camera lead from there straight into Mac book pro and tried to download straight Into elements. Can I change the. MXF file extension on the camera settings or has now that it's record it can't be changed ?? I will take a look later at home, I will be in touch, regards Adrain.

Sent from my iPhone

• 3. Re: problem with trying to load  XAVC
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Adrain

Thanks for the reply.

If you already have .MXF files, online there are numerous converter for Windows and Mac users. But, I am not sure if the converter product will do justice to the originals.

Not sure, but I think that you will get the .MXF file if you use any of XAVC L choices. You may have to go to AVCHD to get other. Best check with Sony on that.

The Premiere Elements support is for XAVC S (typically with the .mp4 file extension).

Please update us on your progress as your schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: problem with trying to load  XAVC
                Docssummersky Level 1

Hi, thanks for fast reply, I will have a good look at it and explore further and be In touch, many thanks

Sent from my iPhone

• 5. Re: problem with trying to load  XAVC
                  Docssummersky Level 1

Good morning, from a internet search you are correct, my Sony PXW-X70 is in MXF file type. I am learning as I go along with this new camera. I did not give it much thought as presumed that XAVC was standard and as it says on the tin. Normally just bought the cheaper Sony camera and they just work when one downloads onto computer. I will be in touch to see what my search turns up, regards Adrain.

Sent from my iPhone

• 6. Re: problem with trying to load  XAVC
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Adrain

Thanks for the follow up.

There is a new version of Premiere Elements which is expected to be released very soon. The features of the new version are not made public until the moment of release of the new version. I am not affiliated with Adobe and have no insider information on the new version. The only public information that I have is that Adobe Revel will be discontinued in the Elements Organizer of this new version.

As I have in the past, I will be writing about  Premiere Elements First Look the moment the new version is released and will be noting any changes related to XAVC-S and XAVC-L and MXF.

Please update us on your progress as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: problem with trying to load  XAVC
                      Docssummersky Level 1

Hello there, well, thought I would try a few other brands of software, had no joy with AcrokHD converter and tried a few others to no joy. Then I tried Brorsoft and worked straight away with no messing around. Tried there free trail and it just worked so paid for and its worked. It's not a Mac friendly as I had to turn off security firewall. I also have downloaded Final Cut Pro and its works via Brorsoft, regards Adrian.

Sent from my iPhone

• 8. Re: problem with trying to load  XAVC
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Adrian

Wonderful news. Great job finding a way to edit your XAVC L footage.

Thanks for sharing the details of what worked for you. Appreciated.

Best wishes as you move forward with your video editing.

ATR

• 9. Re: problem with trying to load  XAVC
                          Docssummersky Level 1

HI, your welcome, if you come across any more news and info regarding hi qulity converters i would be interested to try them, regards A Brazier.