7 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2015 7:19 AM by A.T. Romano

deactivate elements 9.0?

anitaw31600540 Level 1

I have both premiere elements 9.0 and photoshop 9.0.  I have used both for years and was quite satisfied, however a while ago something happened to my catalog which makes it difficult to use.  I was planning on uninstalling both programs and reinstalling on the same computer (I have the install disk) but it says I need to DEACTIVATE first.

I can't find clear instructions for deactivating the elements 9.0 programs.

Thank you for your help in advance.

• 1. Re: deactivate elements 9.0?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

anitaw

What computer operating system is your Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 running.

In opened Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Editor, Timeline workspace, go to Help Menu/Deactivate and click on Deactivate. Close out of there.

There is also a Help Menu/Deactivate in Photoshop Elements 9 if you want to deactivate that program also.

Remember, Deactivate and Uninstall are not the same thing.

Have you thought out you issue fully. If you are having an Elements Organizer 9 catalog problem, have you given thought to creating a new catalog?

If you need further information on this, please let me know.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: deactivate elements 9.0?
            anitaw31600540 Level 1

I'm running on a windows 7 PC.

I'm planning on re-installing on the same computer after I uninstall, which deactivate option should I use?

Thank you for help!!

• 3. Re: deactivate elements 9.0?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

anitaw

Thanks for the reply.

Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Editor - Timeline workspace - there is only one Help Menu/Deactivate. Use that.

If you see mention of deactivate any place else outside the closed program, then enable that too. But, the Help Menu/Deactivate as described should do that job.

But, if you are uninstalling reinstalling on the same computer, I have found that deactivation need not be done. But, this is not so, if you are

going from computer to computer and you need to keep the purchased activated serial number in use count to 2.

Note: Sometimes, for troubleshooting purposes, I will go ahead with the Help Menu/Deactivation when only same computer is involved for the uninstall/reinstall.

Please let me know if you are OK with the above.

Thanks.

ATR

• 4. Re: deactivate elements 9.0?
                anitaw31600540 Level 1

I didn't deactivate based on my plan to reinstall on same computer.  I uninstalled, went fine, put in the first of two disk to install, that seemed to be okay but it never asked for the 2nd Disk.

So I started premier elements 9.0, it indicated I should sign in to my adobe account which I did, now

I'm getting a ERROR

Photoshop.com services are currently unavailable,  Try again later or check network connections.

ERROR 400

My network connection is fine.

I completely shut down my computer, waited about 30 minutes and tried again.  Same issue.

Any ideas!!!!!

• 5. Re: deactivate elements 9.0?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

anitaw

Thanks for the reply. I think I know the situation, and it should be easy remedy. Let us see.

If you have successfully installed Premiere Elements 9, leave it closed and go to the following link and install

Premiere Elements 9.0.1 Update. You do not need to have 9 open for this.

Adobe - Premiere Elements : For Windows : Premiere Elements 9.0.1 update

What I just mentioned is not really the core of what you are reporting, but it will help in the long run.

Now here is the important part...with or without the 9.0.1 Update....

Open Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1. You will likely get a request to sign in. Whether a pop up message or elsewhere in the program,

do not attempt to sign in. Just cancel out of any pop up message requesting sign in.

After you cancel out of that message, open a new project the way you would normally do.

There is no more sign in for Premiere Element 10 and earlier. That went when photoshop.com went.

In the project, you will probably see thumbnails for photoshop.com menus and such. You may see them, but they are no longer

available to you.

Please consider, and then let us know if the comments worked for you.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: deactivate elements 9.0?
                    anitaw31600540 Level 1

Thank you very much for your help.

After a couple more tries, I was able to uninstall both programs, clean up some files (catalog, etc) which as left behind and reinstalled both.

I haven't had time to check everything out but it's looking good.

Thank You again

• 7. Re: deactivate elements 9.0?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

anitaw

"...looking good." sounds great. Great job of follow through.

Please update us on your progress as your schedule permits.

Best wishes

ATR