17 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2015 7:56 AM by A.T. Romano

Will not let me share my videos

iruninnj

I am using Premiere Elements 11 and all of a sudden it will not let me share my video's on Facebook, Vimeo or YouTube. On the first two it will not highlight the "next" button to take me to the website and on the YouTube link after clicking the "next" button an error saying "Online services encountered an error. The service will now be terminated or paused if possible." So now I have no way of sharing my video's with anyone, please help!

• 1. Re: Will not let me share my videos
          A.T. Romano Level 7

iruninnj

What computer operating system is involved?

If you are in a time crunch, you can export your Timeline content to an AVCHD.mp4 file saved to the computer hard drive and from there upload the file to YouTube at the YouTube web site. Does that work for you? See Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD and appropriate MP4 preset...example MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30 or YouTube Widescreen HD (that one is a 1280 x 720). Just make it consistent with your project settings. Remember YouTube player is a 16:9 player, so 4:3 uploads are going to present with black borders there.

As for the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature...

a. Refresh your Online Services Edit Menu/Preferences/Web Sharing

b. Shut off the router for about 40 seconds

c. In the default browser, go to Options/Advanced/Network and Cache Web Content and clear the Cache Web Content

d. Set for a different computer default browser.

Please review, consider, and then update us on your progress when your schedule permits.

Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks

ATR

• 2. Re: Will not let me share my videos
            iruninnj Level 1

Thanks for your reply ATR, I have a Windows 10 system. I am not really interested in sharing on YouTube or Facebook but on Vimeo. Can you give me any help with that? Thanks in advance. P.S. I just updated the latest version hoping that would do something but it still has the same problems.

• 3. Re: Will not let me share my videos
              A.T. Romano Level 7

iruninnj

Thanks for the follow up.

I will upload a Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Windows 10 Timeline content to Vimeo using Premiere Elements' built in YouTube feature and let you know the outcome within the next few hours or sooner.

Recently there was a Premiere Elements build in YouTube HTTP 500 failure that hit many of us in many different locations.  YouTube (assumed it was YouTube)  fixed that within a few days.

To be continued....

ATR

• 4. Re: Will not let me share my videos
                A.T. Romano Level 7

iruninnj

Thanks for the reply.

What video card/graphics card does your computer use? If not, Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher, consider...

Please go to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and remove the check mark next to the preference "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher)", and then try the Publish+Share/Social Websites/Vimeo. Determine if you can beyond the authentication state, rendering, and uploading. I did with Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 Home 64 bit just now. I had lots of problems with that Vimeo feature before I removed that check mark. Let us see if this is going to work for you.

Right now I am on a 29 minutes 44 seconds Vimeo wait list (usual for normal membership) before I see my video there, but I managed to get through authentication, rendering, uploading at Vimeo in both instances at this time Wednesday 5:18 PM September 16, 2015 USA East time.

ATR

• 5. Re: Will not let me share my videos
                  iruninnj Level 1

I have Intel HD Graphics 4600. So I do not need to do the other steps you gave? Donna.

• 6. Re: Will not let me share my videos
                    iruninnj Level 1

I just tried to do the other steps you suggested even though I have higher than 2000 and found I do not have the "Use Hardware Acceleration" as an option on my Premiere Elements 11 version.  Donna.

• 7. Re: Will not let me share my videos
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Donna

Apologizes. I overlooked your clearly stated Premiere Elements 11 in the very first words of your thread and was thinking Premiere Elements 13.

Premiere Elements 13/13.1 is the only version that has that Hardware Acceleration preference relating to Intel HD Graphics 2000 or higher. So what solved my problems with Premiere Elements 13/13.1 Vimeo on Windows 7 or 10 64 bit, is not going to be applicable here.

I will now do the Premiere Elements 11 Timeline content upload to Vimeo using the Premiere Elements 11 built-in Vimeo feature and Windows 10 64 bit.

To be continued within the hour or sooner.

ATR

• 8. Re: Will not let me share my videos
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Donna

The rest of the story.

Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 10 Home 64 bit and Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 64 bit.

Same protocol and exact same results for both these tests with 11....

Publish+Share/Online/Vimeo with preset = Vimeo HD

When I hit Next, I got greeted with the same message that I got when I was doing these tests with Premiere Elements 13/13.1.

"There seems to be a problem with your Vimeo account.

An error occurred during the uploading process. Please try again later."

But, in this case, I did not have the Hardware Acceleration to disable since that preference is not offered by Adobe in 11.

So, I cancelled out of the Vimeo message. Closed the Publish+Share area. But, I kept the project opened.

Within about 2 minutes, I reopened Publish+Share/Online/ and hit Vimeo and the made sure the preset = Vimeo HD.

This time the above message did not appear. Instead the appropriate authentication process begin when it should and was completed

successfully, followed by rendering, uploading, and then the 29 minutes 44 seconds wait to get to view the upload.

What is going on appears to be independent of computer operating system and even Premiere Elements version.

Please look at this again with the "try again" approach that worked for me in 11 and which was suggested by the initial error message

which included "Try again later".

Looking forward to your results when your times permits.

ATR

Please update us your progress as your time permits.

Thank you.

ATR

• 9. Re: Will not let me share my videos
                          iruninnj Level 1

When I click "Vimeo Upload to Vimeo" absolutely nothing happens except the back key is still highlighted and I can click that to go back to my video. The "next" button does not highlight and if I click on it absolutely nothing happens so I can't get any message because I can't get that far. Also I forgot to mention that if I go to Vimeo directly, browse and try to download any video I made with Elements Premiere an error comes up saying "Hmmm, this does not appear to be a valid video file. Please review our Compression Guidelines and double check that your uploading a file type we support." I've downloaded my Premiere video's this way many times before and never had any problems until this other problem started. Thanks for all your help in trying to solve this, I appreciate it!  Donna.

• 10. Re: Will not let me share my videos
                            iruninnj Level 1

I just tried and can successfully download my video to Vimeo that I did not have in Elements Premiere 11. So the problem is with my software I believe. Anything that has been produced in my Premiere software cannot be shared anywhere with anyone. Donna.

• 11. Re: Will not let me share my videos
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

iruninnj

In post 10, are you saying that, with no Premiere Elements 11 involvement, you can take a file from your computer hard drive and upload it to Vimeo at the Vimeo web site? If so, what are the properties of that file (primarily video compression and file extension)?

If you take your Premiere Elements 11 Timeline content and export it to a file saved to the computer hard drive, can you take that file and upload it to Vimeo at the Vimeo web site? You seem to be saying No. The Premiere Elements 11 export that you would use to create this file would be from Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD with one of the MP4 presets. If your Timeline content represented 1080p30, then the Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD Preset that you would use would be MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30. This point seems to be workable.

But, what is particularly puzzling is your report that you cannot get Next button after you have gone Publish+Share/Online/Vimeo and click on Vimeo.

I have observed that the Next button appears active at that point even if you did not put anything on the TImeline for upload. This makes me wonder if it is time for a program uninstall/reinstall.

Please review and consider. I suspect that the problems that I found and worked around in my situation are not at the same level as the ones with which you are dealing.

Let us see if we can get a successful upload to Vimeo at the Vimeo web site using an AVCHD.mp4 file produced in Premiere Elements 11.

What do you think?

ATR

• 12. Re: Will not let me share my videos
                                iruninnj Level 1

Yes, to the post 10 question. I do not know how to find the information (video compression and file extension) of that file. You are correct in your second paragraph, anything I export with Elements 11 content cannot be uploaded to Vimeo either a file saved on my hard drive or from the Elements 11 Publish+Share button. I can export any video on my hard drive that has not been touched by Elements 11. Yes, I cannot get the next button to function at any time, I can never go beyond that point and I agree that my problem is not at the same level as any of the problems you have had. Unfortunately I'm not sure how to look up all those technical #s presets you are talking about, you would have to walk me through them. I also don't know how to uninstall/reinstall the program and you would have to help me with that also. Sorry for the ignorance, Donna.

• 13. Re: Will not let me share my videos
                                  iruninnj Level 1

Info I found about the video I was able to download to Vimeo that was not touched by Elements 11. Type: MPEG Movie, File size: 41.5 MB, Image size: 1280x720, Frame Rate: 30.00, Source Audio Format: 44100 HZ-Compressed-Mono, Average Data Rate: 1.3 MB/Second, Pixel Aspect Ratio: 1.0. I have no idea if this helps you in any way, lol. Donna.

• 14. Re: Will not let me share my videos
                                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Donna

I want you to succeed and will go the extra mile to do that. If the question is not understood, just let me know and I will re-write when needed.

1. Import your video into the Premiere Elements 11 Windows 10 64 bit project. Let the project set the project preset. To do that, just import and drag the file from Expert workspace's Project Assets to the Timeline Video 1/Audio 1.

2. Then in Project Assets, right click the thumbnail for that video there, select Properties, and then tell us what you see related to

Type

Image Size

Frame Rate

Pixel Aspect Ratio

Stop there and let us know what you found. Also be sure to have the latest version of QuickTime installed on your computer and be sure to be running the programs from a user account with administrative privileges.

The next step will be to go to Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD and select a MP4 preset that is consistent with what you have on the Timeline.

The information that you supply based on the above, will direct us to the best MP4 preset specific for your project.

I am looking forward to working with you to resolve these sharing issues.

Thanks for the follow ups.

ATR

• 15. Re: Will not let me share my videos
                                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Donna,

I did not see your post 13 until just now.

I think that you would do better creating an AVCHD.mp4 file to upload to Vimeo at the Vimeo web site.

But, if you want to create a MPEG2.mpg 1280 x 720 file in Premiere Elements, you could experiment with

Publish+Share/Computer/MPEG with Presets = HD 720p30 and determine if that will upload from the save location on the computer hard drive to Vimeo at the Vimeo website.

I will revisit your thread in the morning morning. That was great information about the file that did upload to Vimeo at the Vimeo website. Thanks.

To be continued...

ATR

• 16. Re: Will not let me share my videos
                                        iruninnj Level 1

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can now download my Elements 11 video's to Vimeo. It still does not work through the "Elements Publish and Share" button (nothing fixed there) but at least I now have a way to export my video's for others to see. You taught me how to convert my video's from MPEG Movie format to MP4 which is needed to share freely to others. For others that might have the same problem in the future, these are the steps I take to change the format of the video and then download the video to Vimeo from their website. 1. Open Elements Premiere 11, click New or Existing project, (if new click Add Media, choose video from your folder) and video opens to the workspace. Click Expert then go down to the picture in the timeline and right click on the picture. Click Show Properties and see what info your video has there (and make note of this info because you are going to try to match these numbers as closely as possible to the numbers available to choose in Elements 11 in a future step). Click Done, then Click Publish and Share, then Computer, then AVCHD. Click Presets and choose one of the MP4 formats that closest resembles the above info found in your video in the Show Properties step. As an example my video info said Image Size: 1280x720 with a frame rate of 30.00. There is no option with those exact numbers in the MP4 formats to choose from so I tried MP4 H264 1440x1080p 30 and this works for me. I also changed the file name in this window so that I could easily identify it in my computer folder. Note that this will also be the title used by Vimeo when you download it to their site. You can also designate where you want your video to be saved in this window. When you are done with your choices in this window, click Save and it should begin saving your video to your hard drive. When it is done saving, you can then go to the Vimeo site and upload your video from your pc file that you designated. After downloaded on Vimeo your video is now ready to share with family and friends. ATR, I don't know if I want to continue with trying to fix my Next button problem because I am afraid of all it would entail. I think for now I will just leave things as they are. You were very quick in your responses and very patient with me through this whole process. I am not at all computer literate but you were able to guide me in fixing this problem! Thanks so much again, Donna.

• 17. Re: Will not let me share my videos
                                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Donna

Thanks for the great news of success with the upload of the Premiere Elements MP4 export to Vimeo at the Vimeo web site. Great job.

And, thanks for sharing the details of your success.

If you want to explore further what you can do with those MP4 Presets for Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD

1. After you select one of the MP4 Presets, you can customize it under its Advanced Button/Video Tab, Audio Tab, and Multiplexer Tab

2. Even with a Vimeo destination for your file, you could consider the Presets there named YouTube Widescreen HD which will give you

a 1280 x 720 @ 24 progressive frames per second file for your upload to Vimeo at the Vimeo web site. (You can change that frame rate

if necessary under the Advanced Button/Video Tab of the YouTube Widescreen HD preset.)

Lots of things to explore. If interested in any of the above, we can go into those in more details.

Thanks for considering the suggestions and staying with the troubleshooting.

Best wishes

ATR