2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2006 8:01 AM by Newsgroup_User

Background will not show up on other computers

oneill20
      Hello,
      I am running into a problem involving my background on my website. The background was created in Fireworks, exported as a .gif, and applied to a CSS stylesheet. The background shows fine on my computer, not on others. At first I thought this was a problem having to do with the FTP server I am using, so I re-uploaded the image to the server, and then re-applied the settings in dreamweaver. Still no dice. Any ideas?
        • 1. Re: Background will not show up on other computers
          Level 7
          oneill20 wrote:
          > Hello,
          > I am running into a problem involving my background on my website. The
          > background was created in Fireworks, exported as a .gif, and applied to a CSS
          > stylesheet. The background shows fine on my computer, not on others.

How about a URL?

--
          Linda Rathgeber [PVII] *Adobe Community Expert-Fireworks*
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          http://www.projectseven.com
          Fireworks Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/fireworks/
          CSS Newsgroup: news://forums.projectseven.com/css/
          Design Aid Kits: http://www.webdevbiz.com/pwf/index.cfm
          --------------------------------------------------------------
          • 2. Re: Background will not show up on other computers
            Level 7
            Like Linda said, it will be a lot easier if we could look at the page.
            Most of the times this is due to the fact that the links to the images
            are still pointing to your hard drive.

oneill20 wrote:
            > Hello,
            > I am running into a problem involving my background on my website. The
            > background was created in Fireworks, exported as a .gif, and applied to a CSS
            > stylesheet. The background shows fine on my computer, not on others. At
            > first I thought this was a problem having to do with the FTP server I am using,
            > so I re-uploaded the image to the server, and then re-applied the settings in
            > dreamweaver. Still no dice. Any ideas?
            >