2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2015 4:30 AM by Peter Spier

How to set default underline options?

andrew__j

Hi. Just wondering if there is a way to set new default values for text Underline Options? The deafult Offset value that indesign uses is way to tight for my liking but changing it every time is a pain. Is there a way i can change the Offset figure it so it will automatically use my figure when creating outlines from then on?

Thanks!!

• 1. Re: How to set default underline options?
          Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

Create an appropriate Character and/or Paragraph Style and define there the underline property. You should not work without  styles anyway.

Define in the Character panel the underline options when no document is open.

Define in an existing document the underline options when not text tool is active.

• 2. Re: How to set default underline options?
            Peter Spier Most Valuable Participant (Moderator)

What Willi says is good advice, especially for any sort of longer or highly structured document, but if you for some reason choose not to use styles,  defaults for most attributes are set by setting the parameters with nothing selected. Set that way with no files open will set defaults for new files, but not affect existing docs; set in an open file will affect new objects or edits in that doc only.