2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2015 7:55 AM by A.T. Romano

Disk menus have disappeared since I upgraded from PE 2 to PE10. How can I get them back?

Little Ern

I upgraded fro  Premiere Elements v2 to v10. I used to have the full range of disk menus but they have disappeared since I upgraded. I downloaded the full pack from your website, they are visible on my hard disk, but I cannot incorporate them into the program. Worse still, when I installed Windows 10 I had to make room on drive C; so moved PE to drive D:.No scene menus. help?

• 1. Re: Disk menus have disappeared since I upgraded from PE 2 to PE10. How can I get them back?
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Did you try to open a version 2 project in version 10?

That's strongly advised against.

Except for some of the most recent versions of the program, Premiere Elements is not backwards compatible. Opening a project created by an older version of the program with a newer version of the program usually ends up corrupting the file -- which apparently has happened in your case.

Or are you saying that you merely upgrading your operating system to Windows 10 but you're still using Premiere Elements 2 on it? That's a very different situation. And, if you're also out of space on your C drive, that's an even more serious situation.

• 2. Re: Disk menus have disappeared since I upgraded from PE 2 to PE10. How can I get them back?
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Little Ern

I have Premiere Elements 2.0 installed on Windows 10 Home 64 bit and am not having any problems installing and running the program there, that includes applying Premiere Elements 2.0 disc menus to Premiere Elements 2.0 burn to disc products. And, with Premiere Elements 10 on that same Windows 10 64 bit computer, I can also transfer many of the Premiere Elements 2.0 disc menus files to Premiere Elements 10 for use of those 2.0 themes in 10.0. And, I have no problems installing Premiere Elements 10's own disc menus in Premiere Elements 10. So, all of that is possible.

But, you need to address the fundamental issue of

Getting the program install off the D drive and onto the default Local Disc C. Although you install the program to the C drive, you can direct the Scratch Disks and project file to the D drive. See Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks.

But, you need to define

Your video editing tools strategy - Premiere Elements 10 or 2.0 or both on Windows 10 64 bit

Appropriate program install of your priority version and its Content

Systematic how to can be provided in your thread after you consider the above.

Thank you.

ATR

ATR