2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 17, 2015 10:46 AM by FrustratedByAdobe

Lightroom 6 (non CC) will not open

FrustratedByAdobe

After working for several weeks Lightroom 6 (non cloud version) will not open. All I repeatedly get is "Lightroom unexpectedly quit" box with pages of technical stuff that I would paste here but the box will not let me copy and paste it (thats extremely well designed). I have reset all preferences, been to the wholly useless "Adobe Customer Care", used Disk utilities and Disc Warrior to do all file repairs etc all to no avail. I am on a recent Macbook Pro Retina using system 10.10.5.

All help will be appreciated.

• 1. Re: Lightroom 6 (non CC) will not open
          sarsaxen Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi FrustratedByAdobe,

Would you please give Read and Write permission to the following location:

1. Adobe folder under User Library :

• Go to your Finder> click on Go > Click on Go to folder > type ~library> Click on Application Support>Select Adobe folder
          • Ctrl click on it and select get info.
          • Go to Sharing and permission
          • Click on the lock and add Administrator and your Id with full read and write permission
          • And then click the gear sign to apply changes to all items inside it.

Mac OS X Permissions and Privileges

permsiion.png

2. Adobe folder under System Library:

• Go to your Finder> Click on Go> Click on Go to folder> type /library.
          • Follow the same steps as mentioned above

3. Adobe Lightroom

• Give permission to Lightroom application itself under Application folder by following the steps mentioned at point 1.

Then try launching Lightroom.

Please let us know if it helps.

~Sarika

• 2. Re: Lightroom 6 (non CC) will not open
            FrustratedByAdobe Level 1

Thanks,Before I got your email I went to Adobe and re downloaded Lightroom and reinstalled it. It now seems to be working fairly well. Eric Weinerericweinerphotography.com

A Museum Of My Ownamuseumofmyown.comeweiner98@yahoo.com