I have LR5.7. Never have had this problem before
1 person found this helpful
Some troubleshooting steps that have helped others with this error message in the past:
1. Wait a day. Sometimes Flickr is overloaded or misbehaving, and the LR Flickr plugin often doesn't handle it very gracefully.
2. Restart LR and/or reload the Flickr plugin, as advised by this Adobe employee: Re: Huge Problems Uploading to Flickr
3. Remove the authorization and then authorize again, as advised by this Adobe employee: Lightroom 4: Can't update this collection: Semi Colon Expected
4. Use this third-party Flickr plugin: Jeffrey Friedl's Blog » Jeffrey’s “Export to Flickr” Lightroom Plugin. The author has an excellent reputation and historically has supported his publishing plugins much better than Adobe. (The author helped design LR's publishing architecture.) Adobe's Flickr has had a steady stream of problems reported over the years, and Adobe has been very slow to respond. Some of the problems might be caused by issues on Flickr's end, but the Adobe plugin isn't very robust or helpful when the issues arise.
I'm having the same problem in Lightroom CC 2015.1.1. Apparently this has been a recurring issue for several years.
Thanks to johnrellis for the tips. I've tried 2 and 3 already. #1 isn't a great option for me. I guess I'll read up on the Friedl plugin.
The Friedl plugin also encountered an error (shown below). This would seem to indicate a problem with the Flickr API. Looks like tip #1 is the way I'll be going.
Thank you for the instruction. This time #1 worked as I was back fine this
I'm working on 4.4 too. Still get the same error message. Tried waiting 24hours, unauthorising and reauthorizing my Flikr account, reloading the plug-in all to no avail!. I did rubbish from Adobe as this seems to be an on going issue for a number of versions!!
I am using lightroom 4.4 and after trying the options mentioned above
I still get the message 'an internal error has occured, a semicolon was expected'.
What else can be tried to solve this anoying error?
Based on numerous reports here and in the Flickr forums, it appears that Flickr has changed something on their servers and permanently broken access by the built-in LR Flickr plugin in older versions of LR (4 and older versions of 5). Your options:
1. Try this third-party Flickr plugin: Jeffrey Friedl's Blog » Jeffrey’s “Export to Flickr” Lightroom Plugin . The author has an excellent reputation, and he generally maintains his publishing plugins better than Adobe maintains theirs.
2. Upgrade to LR 6 / CC 2015.