6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2015 6:01 PM by John T Smith

locks when burning iso file

104ketch Level 1

I've been here before with same problem - Premiere 13.1 locks when burning my project to iso file.  Had same problem back in May.  Now have new laptop with Win 10.  Tried twice.  Project has 12.8 GB of .MTS video files.  Trying to create iso file for dvd of granddaughter's soccer game.  Using soccer menu theme with 2 lines of headings.  The files are split into 2 groups (1st & 2nd half's) on the timeline.

Thanks...Harry

ps... in May I was working on phone with technician in India.  Decided to take a break and try again after purchasing clean-new laptop.  Didn't help.

• 1. Re: locks when burning iso file
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Harry

This is the link to your prior thread

Premiere Elements 13 problem - hangs up when burning to ISO.

The major issue that seems to have gotten resolved there was the more than one line of text in the Movie Menu Main Menu Title.

What was the end result of your phone consultation with Adobe India.

Besides the difference in the operating system, how do the computer resources compare previous operating system and new one Windows 10?

More install RAM, more hard drive space, processor - clock speed differences, etc?

At this time, are you doing burn to DVD-VIDEO iso image, AVCHD iso image, or Blu-ray iso image? If AVCHD or Blu-ray, forget about. There are flaws in that process when the .iso file produced has a file size greater than about 1 GB.

As I remember, in May, success or failure was related to no menu or menu respectively. Still the same?

Did you have any successes if burn to DVD-VIDEO Folder (4.7 GB) or AVCHD Folder (4.7 GB)?

Are you dealing with the same file formats? At this time what are you dealing with when you get to the burn dialog Space Required and Bitrate, with and without the Fit Content to Available Space enabled?

Where is the hanging in the presumed DVD-VIDEO Widescreen burn to ISO Image 4.7 GB

Encoding menu

or

afterward?

ATR

• 2. Re: locks when burning iso file
            104ketch Level 1

Hi

Attachment is the previous laptop used in Premiere problems.  

My new laptop is TOSHIBA Satellite C75D-B  running Windows 10 Home  processor:  AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics  2.00 GHz  installed memory (RAM):  6.00 GB (4.96 GB usable)  system type:  64-bit operating system, x64-bases processor  No Pen or Touch Input available for this display

Both have 750 GB hard drives.

I want to burn to DVD-VIDEO iso image so can make multiple copies of games.   Also want to straight burn to Blu-Ray for some.Not from iso.    I have a Blu-Ray burner that worked on previous laptop sometimes.  Have not tried it on new laptop.

Previously burn w/o menu worked but issues with menu.  Yet to try no menu burn on new laptop.   Having issues with menu.

Have not try burn to folder on new.  Will try once finished this email.  Will let you know results.  Doing 8.5 GB to get 8.00 Bitrate.4.7 GB  give 7.   itrate

Yes hanging  in DVD-VIDEO Widescreen burn to ISO Image 8.5 GB Encoding menu.

Using the soccer menu.Get the following menu in Franklin Gothic Medium font at 220 pt when pull up after saving.2015 SOCA C'Ville Premier U18 
9-6-2015 Tied 2-2

s/b 2015 SOCA C'Ville Premier U18               9-6-2015 Tied 2-2

I changed it to 96 pt and made like s/b for folder attempt.Preview works just fine.

Thanks for any help you can provide.....Harry

• 3. Re: locks when burning iso file
              John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Doing Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 [says Encore and also for All Adobe programs] will sometimes fix "odd" errors

• 4. Re: locks when burning iso file
                104ketch Level 1

I don't think I have Encore.  Does it come with Premiere Elements 13 or do I have to buy it?

Tried burning my problem project to 8.5 GB Folder.   Same results as burn to iso file...locks up with 0% in

Burn in Progress

Burning To Folder

Any other ideas?

Thanks...

• 5. Re: locks when burning iso file
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

104ketch

Encore is the burn software for the Creative Cloud Premiere Pro product. Premiere Elements is not a Creative Cloud application. When troubleshooting Premiere Elements problems in the Premiere Elements Forum I try to stay with Premiere Elements models to avoid confusion such as that. Encore is not part of the Elements family. Premiere Elements comes with its built in burn software believed to be from Sonic burn software people.

Right now we have your Premiere Elements 13/13.1 failing to produce an end product for burn to

a. Folder (8.5 GB)

b. ISO Image 8.5 GB)ed

c. Disc, DVD 4.7 GB/120 minutes or assumed DVD 8.5 GB/240 minutes.

Those results would take the burner and the disc out of the troubleshooting equation.

1. Have you gone to Edit Menu/Preferences/General and removed the check mark (disabled) the preference "Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 and higher)" and then tried one of the burn to choice for DVD-VIDEO widescreen on DVD disc?

2. Since in the past you have run into problems with the disc menus, have you looked at your present situation with the Movie Menu themes and Timeline markers?

3. Have you gone to the Encoded Files Folder and deleted it? The location of the Encoded Files Folder can be found in Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disks and the Disc Encoding category.

4. For these most recent runs (burn to Folder, ISO Image, or Disc, what is the burn dialog showing for Space Required and Bitrate when you have a check mark next to "Fit Content to Available Space"? If you remove that check mark before the burn to, is Status still ready or does it show insufficient space?

5. What are you using for the QuickTime 7 requirement for Premiere Elements on Windows 10 64 bit. If you are not already, please have installed QuickTime 7.7.6 on Windows 10. Please use the following link for that purpose QuickTime 7.7.6 for Windows

The latest version of QuickTime is really 7.7.8, but Apple has not updated it for Windows 10 yet. However, it has been found that QuickTime 7.7.6 will meet the Premiere Elements requirement.

6. As always, double check you are running the programs from a User Account with Administrative Privileges and throw in a right click of the Premiere Elements desktop icon and selection and application of Run As Administrator to that desktop icon.

Please review, consider, and then let us know the outcome as your schedule permits.

Thanks.

ATR

• 6. Re: locks when burning iso file
                    John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

As I said above... says Encore and also for All Adobe programs

So... did you right click and select Run as Administrator in the pop up option window to see if that helps?