I am having a real problem with topic properties not
cooperating. For some reason, RoboHelp insists on making some of my
topic titles lowercase. For example - the title Copyright. It keeps
changing the "c" to lowercase. Also, I want the filenames to be in
lowercase. Since there is not an option in the project settings to
make them automatically lowercase (like Webhelp), I inadvertently
typed a couple of the file names in initial caps. When I go back
and manually change them to lowercase, it changes them back to
initial caps. It is very annoying.
Any insight into this problem?
P.S. I tried creating the topics over again, but it didn't
If the topic title and filename are the same, you get the
problem you are seeing. One obvious solution therefore is to vary
one of them in some way. However, there is another trick that I
only learned recently thanks to MergeThis.
In project manager you view either the title or the filename.
Whichever it is, get it right there rather than via Topic
Properties. Then go to the View menu and switch from By Topic Title
to By File Name, or the other way around. Then change that to
whatever you want.
I tried varying the name, but it still insisted on doing the
opposite of what I wanted it to do. I tried your second idea, to no
avail; however, I created new topics with the name varied and it
finally worked. Then I deleted the old topics. Thank goodness there
were only a few like that.
Just plain aggravating. Thanks again for your help! I really