1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 22, 2015 11:11 AM by jeffs80317941

Any Success on making Expandable ads in Edge animate cc 2015 use mraid for expanding and closing?

jeffs80317941

I am seeking any information on how you owuld go about creating an expandable ad unit with adobe edge animate cc 2015, that will use mraid triggers to expand the canvas and the mraid close function on close buttons within the ad unit.

I am sure this must be possible some how but i have yet to find a way to do this, nor a tutorial to figure out how the adobe edge composition should be created to leverage the mraid events.

Anyone have any experience in using adobe edge ad units with mraid?

• 1. Re: Any Success on making Expandable ads in Edge animate cc 2015 use mraid for expanding and closing?
          jeffs80317941 Level 1

i Should stipulate i am trying to access specifically the mraid.expand(); and the mraid.close(); functions for my edge animation ecomposite, so that when appearing in an in-app ad as an mraid unit the units will be able to trigger the expand so my expanding animations can be displayed, and then calling the cusomt close toe close the expanded mraid container when the use clicks the custom close button int he coposition.

I have tried calling a function which triggers the mraid.expand(); and the mraid.close(); from adobe edge to the external html using window.runMraidExpand(); I wrote in adobe edge. I have not gotten the chance to try this yet in an mraid environment, but when i have an alert or console.log appended to that function they wont trigger if the mraid.expand(); or mraid.close(); is above it. if i comment the functions out the alert works as expected.

I will test the mraid environment hopefully today and report back my findings using this method.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated if anyone has had previous experience with triggering these mraid events with adobe edge compositions.