This means the photos have previously been imported into Lightroom. There is no reason to import them again.
Thank You! I thought that too but this is a new card, I haven't uploaded these images yet and I need them, they are part of a wedding, how can I get them to upload?
In the Import dialog box on the right, uncheck the box that says "Don't Import Suspected Duplicates"
That was it!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!
- Check the File Handling panel on the right side of the import window, and de-select Don’t Import Suspected Duplicates.
- Are you sure that your Catalog does not already include these images?
- If you hover over one of these greyed-out images, do you get a tooltip which explains that "this photo has already been imported?".
- If you change the top of the Import dialog grid from "all photos" to "new photos," does the grid then become empty?
- Can you upload a screen shot.
- Also, what version of Lightroom are you running, are you Mac or Windows?