1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 17, 2015 11:04 PM by Willi Adelberger

Naming an interactive object in a certain format will break it on export

Armsinmotion Level 1

Recently I had a problem exporting an interactive PDF (a digital checklist I use at our office), the problem had never occurred until I tried renaming the check buttons and form fields. I'm not sure if this is intentional or a glitch but I thought I'd report it here.

An example of how I renamed my interactive objects;

error-1.png

So they were named 01.Checkbox, 02.Checkbox, 03.DropDown1 ... etc. I thought this would be easier when I was arranging the tab ordering as there are many things to manage across several pages, and the tab ordering had always been screwy (the document mainly gets used on a tablet so it's important.)

Then this happened after the renaming, things would break, it would say "off" in the checkbox when I clicked it, and acrobat recognized the check boxes as text boxes instead. Sometimes they turned into list boxes for no reason;

error-2.png

Changed the naming back without the numbers and dot in front and it fixed it, so not sure if this naming convention was reserved for something else or if it's a glitch.

error-4.png

error-3.png

Turns out it's just the dot which breaks it anyway - removing it with the numbers in front of the text still works fine.