3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2006 8:25 AM by ur_dtrain

Flex offline application on cdrom

rhartlein
      Hello,

I need to create a cdrom containing a product catalog with text and images for offline use. Normally I would create it using flash and an XML-File containing the product data.

I wonder if I could use Flex to achieve the same much easier ?

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Flex offline application on cdrom
          ur_dtrain Level 1
          Certainly, with the SA (stand alone) Flash Player. As long as you are not capturing remote data. For that matter, if your XML is local and the path is correct, you should still be able to use any browser with FP9 offline or on.
          • 2. Re: Flex offline application on cdrom
            rhartlein Level 1
            thanks for your reply !

This should just be a very simple application, with everything on the CD (xml-data, pictures).

So I have to use a Browser to see the Flex swf ? Or can I export it as .exe just as I would in Flash and run it with autorun as soon as the cdrom mounts ?

Other Idea, load flex swf dynamically in a flash created .exe projector ...

Any suggestions ?
            • 3. Re: Flex offline application on cdrom
              ur_dtrain Level 1
              I've seen discussion about exe/projector etc.., but haven't really looked into it. If I didn't want to show the browser, I'd simply load it with the stand alone player (it looks a little cleaner). You might continue searching here, and at yahoo flexcoders, as a number of people have asked about it and perhaps there is something (ha!) I don't know about ;)