3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 16, 2016 9:00 AM by sanyamt

My files get corrupted

mariannekarkki

After hours and hours of work my files get corrupted. I use: InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. InDesign and illustrator are the biggest problem. I have by now lost some 250hrs of work in a short time.  Usually the file corrupts just when am finishing, closing and exporting. when am doing the "final" save.. it's just *kaboom* corrupts.

I have contacted the service desk. They helped me. Until I did what i was told and they asked me to contact back in case something would happen again after. And tadaa. Now i can't even LAUNCH InDesgin. Am on level 200/5 angry with this. As i have not received any help after i told them i can't even open the program.

And only way i can use illustrator, photoshop (also muse and premiere pro) is by being offline. Ridiculous. Even offline i can't launch indesign. And how can i take advantage of the cloud then?

I've been told to save my projects into various places. I've done so. but when the file corrupts. It somehow breaks ALL the backups. I have saved into: desktop, icloud, adobe cloud, dropbox and usb-stick. In opening a file that would seem is only corrupted in on dropbox, and opening it from desktop. it just loads the file for a sec too long and then tells me "the file is corrupted".. then it asks if i want to try and dig up some of the data. I say "yes" and after that i can't launch the program at all.

I have a macbook pro 13' (2015) and all the adobe programs and apple stuff are ALL up-to-date.

Am a freelance & distant graphic designer. I need those tools to work to make a living.  Paying for BS with the Cloud is not ideal in my situation.

• 1. Re: My files get corrupted
          Steve Werner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Files don't just corrupt like that without a reason. It doesn't sound to me like this is a software problem. It sounds like hardware problem. You need to get a product which will check the hard drive of your MacBook Pro.

The best disk utility I know on the Mac is DiskWarrior:

DiskWarrior 5 - The Disk Utility for Mac Disk Repair, Mac ...

• 2. Re: My files get corrupted
            mariannekarkki Level 1

I had the exact same problem with a different computer. forgot to put it there. But also in a windows 8 computer (HP)

• 3. Re: My files get corrupted
              sanyamt Adobe Employee

Hi,

Please email your InDesign file to corrupt_indesign_docs@adobe.com and I will take a look at the document.

If the file is larger than 10 Mb, you can zip (and password protect) the file and upload to Creative Cloud account (or Dropbox) and send us the document link.

Also you can trash InDesign Preferences

InDesign Defaults:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Application Data\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<language>\  (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Windows Vista or Windows 7: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language>\ (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Macintosh: Hard Drive/Users/<USER>/Library/Preferences/Adobe InDesign/<Version #>/<Language>/(Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

InDesign SavedData:

Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\<USER>\Local Settings\Application Data\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language>\Caches\ (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Windows Vista or Windows 7: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Adobe\InDesign\<Version #>\<Language>\Caches\  (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Macintosh: Hard Drive/Users/<USER>/Library/Caches/Adobe InDesign/<Version #>/<Language>/ (Note: Prior to version 6 [CS4] the language folder is not used).

Try launching the application again. Hopefully it should help you work

-Sanyam