3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2015 9:09 AM by A.T. Romano

Deactivation of a sound track

cl92700

Hi

is it possible to dectivate a soundtrack in one mouse click or do we have to deactivate every bits of the track?

Tk

CL

• 1. Re: Deactivation of a sound track
          A.T. Romano Level 7

cl

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running. Asked in case we need to get into more specifics....

Nonetheless....

This type of question was gotten into recently. And, again I would say that you cannot mute the audio whole track but you can the contents of the track.

Please see my full explanation for the prior discussion on this type of question.

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE: About Disabling Sound For Whole Audio Track

Any questions or need clarification on the matter, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Deactivation of a sound track
            cl92700 Level 1

Premiere element 11 Windox 8.1 (Sorry for not having mentionned it)

Hello

Thank for your reply.

I found a solution for my probleme.

Problem:

I use audacity for the mixage of the sound tracks. I use the PE11 to adjust the

different parts of my sound track.

The sound track underneath the vidéo for background noise or talk from the videoclip,

the commentar sound track for the prerecorded comments which I then place on the right place

A third and a forth track for music. with overlapping of the music pieces which I later fusionne nicely.

I needed to export every soundtrack independently The audio track of the background noise

from the video clip is the master track  . I adjust the other track on this one which may not be change

in anay way especially when some interviews are part of the vidéo.

I mean nothing is donne on this track or if you want to cut sommething,p.e. an unwanted noise, you have

to replace it either with the equivalent size of silence or a copie of a sound of the track, what ever it is, which come unotice

so that the end always correspond to the orignal one.

After having set all those  tracks on PE11, because I work more precisely on audacity, I have to export every track independently.

I FOUND THE WAY!

Take the audio mixer, mute all the tracks except the one you want to export

BUT DON'T CLOSE THE MIXER WINDOW. Reduce it  and put it on the side and make

an export audio.

Only the unmute track will be process. Repeat for each one and you have all you track

indepentendly and they have all exactly the same size in time because I think the size is given by the video track

After that if you cut or change anything in the music or commentar track you just have to check every time that the

ends always correspond to the one of the videoclip audio track

I hope I make myself understandable with my very poor writing english.

Regards to all

Claude

• 3. Re: Deactivation of a sound track
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Claude

Thank you for the reply.

I am still working through the details of what worked for you.

I understood your original question as relating to disabling the sound coming from a whole audio track as opposite to having to deleting each of the components of that same audio track. There I believe the answer remains that you cannot. The Audio Mixer Mute button only works with the opened Audio Mixer when audio editing is the consideration.

With your further details, you describe a different situation...referring to your post 2.

I understand your post 2 to say that you have content on several different audio tracks and you want to export selectively audio.

How are you exporting each with the Audio Mixer remaining open with only the Mute of the audio track wanted left as unchecked?

Publish+Share/Computer/Audio and then what or something else?

I have looked at what you have just described, and it does serve this export purpose. Depending on the circumstances, instead of the Audio Mixer Mute procedure that you have found, you can right click the audio that you do not want and then remove the check mark next to Enable. Depending on the circumstances, you could also look at a techniques using Edit area Work Area Bar gray tabs placement coupled with Export area option Share Work Area Bar Only.

Thank you for an interesting report which I have not seen previously mentioned. Great job.

Best wishes

ATR