3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2015 10:29 AM by A.T. Romano

I am unable to drag and drop an audio effect from the menu into my time line,

Speedybee Level 1

I am unable to drag and drop an audio effect from the menu into my time line, I have highlighted my time line and clicked the FX Effects button selected Audio effects from the advanced effects menu, the box with all the options appears but I cannot Drag and Drop an effect into my timeline, any ideas ?

• 1. Re: I am unable to drag and drop an audio effect from the menu into my time line,
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Speedybee

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running? Assuming that you are working with Premiere Elements 11, 12, or 13, are you in the Expert workspace or the Quick workspace? What specific audio effects are involved in this issue - all or just one particular one?

If you are in the Expert workspace, to where are you dragging the audio effect

audio on numbered audio track

narration clip on Narration Track

or

music clip on Soundtrack?

What happens if you drag the audio effect into the Edit area monitor instead of the Timeline audio content?

Are you working with Mono, Stereo, or 5.1 channel audio?

Please review and consider, and then we can decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thanks.

ATR

• 2. Re: I am unable to drag and drop an audio effect from the menu into my time line,
            Speedybee Level 1

Hi

I'm using premier elements 13 in the Expert workspace and windows 7 operating system and trying to drag the effect into the audio track which is 5.1 channel audio

• 3. Re: I am unable to drag and drop an audio effect from the menu into my time line,
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Speedybee

Thanks  for the reply.

What specific audio effect?

Is the 5.1 channel audio a standalone audio import or part of an audio linked to video clip?

Is the project using a project preset which is described for 5.1 channel audio?

Do you see a 5.1 label on the audio track involved?

As a mini test run, start a new project, and manually set the project preset to the specifically named NTSC AVCHD Full HD1080i30 5.1 channel. To do that...

• Open the project to the Expert workspace, and go to File Menu/New Project and Change Settings.
              • In Change Settings, set the project preset to as cited above. OK out of there.
              • In the New Project dialog that opens, rename the project and make sure to have a check mark next to "Force Selected Project Setting on This Project". OK out of there.

Back in the Expert workspace, import your source media using Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets and from there to the Timeline Video 1/Audio 1.

Can you now apply the audio effect to the audio that would not apply before?

Please consider and let us know the outcome as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR