2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2006 3:20 PM by TMSpats2

CHM and map ID

TMSpats2 Level 1
      I have been developing web help for a long time and have never used map IDs. I usually send the developer a table mapping the application pages with the appropriate htm topic. I am now creating map IDs for a .chm file for the first time. The developer is using C# for the app. I'm not sure how all this will work, so I thought I would solicit some advice on the front end. Is there anything special I need to know or need to tell the developer to get context-sensitive help to work. I just can't picture how it will work when I only supply one file to the developer.

Any input will be appreciated.
        • 1. Re: CHM and map ID
          Peter Grainge Adobe Community Professional (Moderator)
          There's a topic on my site about calling webhelp and much of it applies to a chm file as well. You create the map ids in the same way. The topic also has a link to John Daigle's excellent topic on the subject.

Once you have created the map ids you can test them using the CSH test tool on the Tools tab. How is described in RoboHelp's own help.

Once you have created the map ids you simply hand over the CHM and the mapping file to the developer.

• 2. Re: CHM and map ID
            TMSpats2 Level 1
            Thank you so much for your expertise. I really appreciate it and will take a look.