Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Navigating to Parent Collection

Level 6

Is there a Navto command, or other way (yet) to navigate back to a parent collection? 

I am familiar with the go to URL command to navigate to the home collection: goto://ApplicationViewState/library

However, we'd really like to be able to "back out" of an article to the parent collection without having to call up the built in nav bar.  Any help?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Not yet, but it's on our list to tackle in the near future. We really want to get that in, as well as a way to link directly to collections.

Neil

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Employee

Not yet, but it's on our list to tackle in the near future. We really want to get that in, as well as a way to link directly to collections.

Neil

Level 2

Hi Neil,

good to hear! Can you say how far away that still is? 

Because I'm planning projects right now that would really benefit from this.

Otherwise I have to find workarounds somehow.

Toni

Level 2

Neil,

I am also interested in using this for some articles in the app project I am working on right now.

- Hayden

Former Community Member

Is it implemented now? I'm trying to go to the parent collection of a collection, but it isn't working properly.  I'm actually using the navto://relative/parent.

This works at the first time who I go to the collection and try to go back to its parent, but when I enter in an article and go back to the collection and try to go to the parent collection using the  navto://relative/parent, it is working like the back button and send me to the article again.

Any help to make this work and send me to the parent collection?