4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2015 6:16 AM by Willi Adelberger

Align Text underneath image

bend78299272

I have a catalogue with 12 images on a page. Each image is slightly different in width with a text box underneath the image that relates to the image above.

Some images don't fill the rectangular frame as they are portrait in size, so they have a white on either side of the image which is fine.

How do I set the text so that the left hand side is underneath the actual image rather than underneath the whole image box?

Any help would really really be appreciated!!

• 1. Re: Align Text underneath image
          Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

I would fix it in Photoshop and remove there the white or whatever color as this is only causing to increase the file size.

• 2. Re: Align Text underneath image
            bend78299272 Level 1

There is no white either side on the image, so nothing to change in photoshop. The white is there because when the image is pulled in using the data merge it might not fit the whole rectangular frame.

Can any-one help?

• 3. Re: Align Text underneath image
              Chad Chelius Adobe Community Professional

Are you automating this in some way? I mean the easy solution is to drag the width of the text frame to match the image. Although this would be a manual process. Another option would be to choose "fit frame to content" after the images are placed so that the actual graphic frame is the same size as the image if in fact there is no white in the image as you describe above. This way when you adjust the text frame, it will snap to the exact width of the image frame if you have smart guides enabled. If I'm way off base here, please provide more details regarding your problem.

• 4. Re: Align Text underneath image
                Willi Adelberger Most Valuable Participant

Did you try to use a table, one cell image, the other cell in the next raw the text? As tables have now image cells it should be possible to make the width fitting to the width of the image. I did not ry it yet, but I suppose, it should be possible, at least via script. (But I am not a script programmer.)