3 Replies Latest reply on Dec 8, 2006 3:14 AM by Newsgroup_User

How do you add new user?

Lyn_R.
      I set up a web site Using DW 8 and want my client to be able to update it using Contribute. I have Contribute 3 and have set it up with me as administrator and want to add a new user under Publisher, but there is no button to click to add a new user. (The Help file shows one but it's not in the "Administer Website" box, just the role settings.)

I use a Mac with OS X 10.4
        • 1. Re: How do you add new user?
          I have exactly the same problem. Where is the "Add User" button described in all the help references? i've set up many test users before, just can't figure out how I did it!!!?? (Using WinXP, Contribute 3 and 4)

Anyone know what we're talking about?
          • 2. Re: How do you add new user?
            Level 1
            More... at first I didn't see the posts on this topic in the general discussion forum, but looking again, there are a number.
            (Search on "Contribute 3 add user" for one of the posts. Others posts nearby.)

It seems that one must send a connection key in order to add users in Contribute 3. A change, apparently, from v2. The Add User button only appears if you are using publishing server... or so it seems from the posts.
            • 3. Re: How do you add new user?
              Level 7
              > I set up a web site Using DW 8 and want my client to be able to update
              > it using Contribute. I have Contribute 3 and have set it up with me as
              > administrator and want to add a new user under Publisher, but there is
              > no button to click to add a new user. (The Help file shows one but
              > it's not in the "Administer Website" box, just the role settings.)
              >
              > I use a Mac with OS X 10.4
              >

Hi ,

The add user button is enabled in case you have adminstered the site with
              CPS.

To add other users without CPS , you can adminster the site and then send
              out connection keys to the user with specific roles assigned.

Do this by:

Edit-> Administer Websites -> SITENAME

In adminstration dialog that follows, do :

Select either Admistrator, Publisher .... role and click on Send Connection
              Keys.

Complete the process and send the key accross to the user.

Hope this helped.

-Avinash