4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2015 10:36 AM by A.T. Romano

Premiere Elements 13 crash immediately

A&V

I have a fresh installion windows 10

Use 3 partions (disks) 3 ssd

Application and windows installion c:\

User mapping to e:\videos e:\music e:\pictures

Afther clicking on Adobe Premiere Elements 13 de splash screen is showing.

Whene de application is loaded raise the error.

Adobe Premiere Elements 13 crash and closed

Looking in the logbooks the found the following error:

Naam van toepassing met fout: Adobe Premiere Elements.exe, versie: 13.0.0.0, tijdstempel: 0x54065543

Naam van module met fout: UIFramework.dll, versie: 13.0.0.0, tijdstempel: 0x540643c0

Uitzonderingscode: 0xc00000fd

Foutmarge: 0x000000000012d5b7

Id van proces met fout: 0x25e8

Starttijd van toepassing met fout: 0x01d0f2c3a9c6c666

Pad naar toepassing met fout: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 13\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe

Pad naar module met fout: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 13\UIFramework.dll

Rapport-id: 7791ca9b-98fd-4325-a72b-950c148dccdb

Volledige pakketnaam met fout:

Relatieve toepassings-id van pakket met fout: Premiere Elements Downloading, Installing, Setting Up

• 1. Re: Premiere Elements 13 crash immediately
          A.T. Romano Level 7

A&V

Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 10 (assumed 64 bit)

Let us go through the usual drill.

1. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

2. Do you have QuickTime 7.7.6 installed on the computer along with Premiere Elements 13? And, are you running the programs from a user account with administrative privileges? And, have you right clicked the desktop icon of the program and selected and applied Run As Administrator?

3. Is your video card/graphics card up driver version up to date according to the web site of the manufacturer of the card?

4. What other video editing programs do you have installed on the same computer? Is the computer and other installed applications running OK at this time?

Please review the above.

Depending on your answers to the above, I would suggest

1. Program uninstall using the usual Control Panel/Installed Programs way

2. Free ccleaner run through (regular cleaner and registry cleaner parts)

CCleaner - Download

3. Reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

4. Once you are sure that 13 is working completely, then download and install the 13.1 Update from an opened project's Help Menu/Updates.

Let us start here then we can decide what next. With regard to UIFramework.dll, I have found this online description. I am posting the link for informational purposes only, and at this time I am not for or against any fix it tool download available from there.

How to fix DLL error

Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premiere Elements 13 crash immediately
            A&V Level 1

Hi,

Yep windows 10 64bit.

I've done everything as you describes.

Install a quicktime version windows 10  (http://tommynation.com/install-quicktime-windows-10/)

Ccleaner i use a long time, but does not fix tha Adobe Premiere Elements 13 problems.

I have a AIO msi AG240  gamer pc NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 860M 2GB GDDR5 and Intel onboard card.

Ik use Snagit 12 for screen capturing Screen Capture Software for Windows, Mac, and Chrome | Snagit
            How to fix DLL error does not work on windows 10

You can see my problem here. Adobe.mp4 - Google Drive

• 3. Re: Premiere Elements 13 crash immediately
              A&V Level 1

Problem was the nvidia gtx 860m

After disabling nvidia and enabling onboard VGA card problem was solved

• 4. Re: Premiere Elements 13 crash immediately
                A.T. Romano Level 7

A&V

Thanks for the update and the great news of what worked for you.

The computer using more than one video card/graphics card often creates problems for Premiere Elements (many versions) and not just on Windows 10 64 bit computer. Glad that you were able to disable the NVIDIA and get things working by enabling just the onboard card. Great job.

As for the latest version of QuickTime. At this time, I am still recommending Window 10 64 bit with the QuickTime 7.7.6 which is meeting the Adobe requirement for latest version of QuickTime install even though 7.7.6 is not really the latest QuickTime 7 version. I realize that 7.7.8 is the latest version of Apple's QuickTime 7, but, when it comes to troubleshooting, I prefer not to introduce the variable of a non authorized Windows 10 QuickTime 7.7.8 made usable by other than Apple.

But, your progress is sounding good the way it is. The follow up is appreciated.

Best wishes

ATR