2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2015 4:10 PM by A.T. Romano

copying video projects

camera shy again Level 1

Working on a currant video project and decided to copy it to my external drive "Lacie" for back up. When I went to copy a drop box read: "You don't have permission to save in this location.  Contact administrator to obtain permission."  How do I work around this.?

Thanks,

Gil

[using HP Pavillion Series computer] ["adobe Premiere Elements 12"]

• 1. Re: copying video projects
          John T Smith Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Doing Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 [says Encore and also for All Adobe programs] will sometimes fix "odd" errors

• 2. Re: copying video projects
            A.T. Romano Level 7

camera shy again

What computer operating system is involved with your Premiere Elements 12? Have you updated 12 to 12.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

What did you transfer to the external hard drive as backup

a. project file (prel)

or

b. project files (prel) plus the scratch disks for the project plus source media for the project

or

c. other

What is the format of this external hard drive and how does it connect to the computer (USB or other)?

It is assumed that you are running the programs from a user account with administrative privileges as well as having Run As Administrator applied to the Premiere Elements 12/12.1 desktop icon.

Please consider. Based on the details in your reply, we can decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR