4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 19, 2015 9:05 PM by A.T. Romano

HTTP Status 500 error

jeffs9111636

I get this message whenever I upload videos to Youtube:

HTTP Status 500

Exception report

DESCRIPTION

The server encountered  an internal error that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

EXCEPTION

1. java.lang.NullPointerException

org .apache.jsp.csp.error_j s p._jspService(error_jsp.java:173)

ora .apache.iasper.runtime .HttpJsoBase .service(HttoJsoBase.iava:70} javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)

org .apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:432) org .apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:390)

org .apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service (JspServlet.java:334) javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:728)

com .adobe.ols.service .preyoutube.SessionCountingFilter.doFilter(Onknown Source) com .adobe.ols.service .preyoutube.SessionFilter.doFilter(Onknown Source)

com .adobe.ols.service .preyoutube.NoCacheFilter.doFilter(Onknown Source)

com .adobe.ols.service .preyoutube.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(Unknown Source)

NOTE

The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/7.0.42

Premier Elements freezes and I have to use Task Manager to close it and then restart it.  What can I do to get rid of this problem?

• 1. Re: HTTP Status 500 error
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jeffs

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

The Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature's HTTP 500 error was epidemic very recently. Lots of threads on the subject.

Yours seems to be the first report that it is back. When it appeared recently it affected more than just one version of Premiere Elements.

This appears to be a YouTube Server problem and was fixed within about 24 hours last time - presumably by YouTube.

Let me check to see if it is back. I will try some uploads to YouTube using the Premiere Elements built in YouTube feature.

To be continued

ATR

• 2. Re: HTTP Status 500 error
            A.T. Romano Level 7

jeffs

Add On to post 1...

I am not getting the HTTP 500 error, but the Premiere Elements 13/13.1 (Windows 7 64 bit) Publish+Share/Social Websites/YouTube is failing on me when the upload step is about to take place. At that time, I get the error message.

Online Services encountered an error. The service will now be terminated or paused if possible.

I would give your HTTP 500 error 24 to 48 hours to clear.

If you are in time crunch for the upload to YouTube, then please do the following

Export the Timeline content to an AVCHD.mp4 file saved to the computer hard drive and then upload that file to YouTube at the YouTube web site.

See Publish+Share/Computer/AVCHD and, if appropriate for your Timeline content, use Presets =

MP4 H.264 1920 x 1080p30

or

YouTube Widescreen HD (this one is also AVCHD.mp4 but for 1280 x 720 @ 24 progressive frames per second).

Please update us on your progress as your schedule permits. And watch the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum threads for more reports of this HTTP 500.

Thanks.

ATR

• 3. Re: HTTP Status 500 error
              jeffs9111636 Level 1

I am using Premier Elements 12 on Windows 10

On Sat, Sep 19, 2015 at 9:18 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 4. Re: HTTP Status 500 error
                A.T. Romano Level 7

jeffs

Thanks for the additional information.

Right now I am not having any problems with Premiere Elements 12/12.1 built in feature on Windows 7 64 bit or Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Sunday September 20, 2015 at 12:02 am USA East.

Please recheck you situation and tell us what part of the world you are at (do not give an exact location).

Please update 12 to 12.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates.

I do not believe this will have any impact on the YouTube situation, but good idea nonetheless. A major perk of 12.1 is that it gets rid of a text style issue that affects the Expert workspace but not the Quick workspace.

Please let us know how the export to file and file to YouTube at the YouTube web site turned out. Also, please update us on any further developments in problems with the Premiere Elements 12 built in YouTube feature's HTTP 500 error.

Thanks.

ATR