3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2018 4:40 PM by CoSA_DaveS

blank face template

asmaadraws

How do you get the "blank face template" for adobe character animator. And how does it work? Can I convert the whole character to flash?

• 1. Re: blank face template
          CoSA_DaveS Adobe Employee

See "Building a puppet from scratch" here: Character Animator Tutorials

You can use the built-in template (File > New Puppet in Photoshop / Illustrator) and clear out the artwork.

The only exports right now are sequence of PNG and WAV audio file.

• 2. Re: blank face template
            Hooper84

You say go to 'building a puppet from scratch' but I cannot find this blank face template when I do that,

In some version of character animator it comes up as a template.

I just want the template so I can load it up in character animator for class, yet the actually file seems rather impossible to find.

any help would be greatly appreciated

• 3. Re: blank face template
              CoSA_DaveS Adobe Employee

Note that the menu item referenced above (in a message from 2015) is no longer there. But the "Black Face" template referenced in the video above is still there.

> I just want the template so I can load it up in character animator for class

It's always there in the Start workspace, just one click away. How would having the .puppet file itself help? If you don't want PS / AI to pop up when you do that, opt/alt-click instead.

(The .puppet file itself is hidden inside the application support files.)