3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2015 2:04 PM by Sue Garibaldi

Adobe Brush CC Android 5.0 not working with Illustrator and Photoshop CC 2015

Chrislandesign Level 1

Why brushes I create with app mobile Adobe Brush CC on my Samsung Galaxy 3 with Android 5.0 not working with desktop app Illustrator and Photoshop CC 2015 for Imac Retina 5k OSX 10.10.5 Yosemite? Says: the format is not supported!Schermata 2015-09-20 alle 16.16.45.png

• 1. Re: Adobe Brush CC Android 5.0 not working with Illustrator and Photoshop CC 2015
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Chris,

I just now responded to you through in-app feedback. But just in case you look here first....

None of Adobe's tools use the same rendering model, each tool has its own brush format and brush features, so not every brush works in every application.

You can't use an Illustrator brush in Photoshop or in Sketch, or a Sketch brush in Photoshop or Illustrator. Photoshop's rendering model just can't handle what Sketch does, it works in a very different way. This is why when you create a brush in Brush, you have to select what tool you are going to target. If you're ultimate goal is to use the brushes in Ps rather than in Sketch, then you'll need to limit yourself to the Ps targeted brushes when you get to the Style section (look for the Ps icon on top left of the section, after the Photoshop Sketch brushes).

When you save a brush, you're taken to a screen (where it can be edited/nameed). It's also where you can see which brush work with each application. The top three are for Photoshop Sketch. If you scroll down you'll see the brushes for PS and Ai. When you save, save for the app in which you'll use it. Let me know if that clears things up for you.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

Try this with one of your brushes:

Go into your Library and choose a brush

Tap the edit icon (square with a pen); that will open a visual list of brushes

If you want to use a brush in Sketch, choose one of those brushes (tap the circle to check it), name it, and Save. It will save to your library as a Sketch Brush and as soon as it syncs you should be able to open it in Sketch. Once in Sketch, long-press on the fifth brush in the toolbar and your Library of brushes should be there. The same process works for brushes for Photoshop and Illustrator CC.

Let me know if you're still having trouble.

Sue.

• 2. Re: Adobe Brush CC Android 5.0 not working with Illustrator and Photoshop CC 2015
            Chrislandesign Level 1

Hi Sue,

I followed the instructions now works very well

thanks!