Try Changing your Default Browser to Chrome or any other. Then reauthorize your account.
If that does not help disable your Firewall/Antivirus and try again.
Or Delete account from Flickr settings.Follow these steps:-
1. Go to your setting page (click on your icon/picture in the upper right corner and select settings)
2. Click on the Sharing & Extending tab.
3. Click edit to the right of Account Links
4. Delete the Lightroom account.
Go back into Lightroom and re-authorize.
Hope this helps
Thank you for your quick response. I have attempted all your suggestions:
1. Set the default browser to Windows Edge, no difference (since changed
back to chrome)
2. Disabled my McAfee firewall, no difference
3. Removed the existing permission for Lightroom from my Flickr account,
I also attempted opening a cmd window as an administrator, and running
"lightroom.exe /authorise". Lightroom opened but the authorisation failed
I will remove and reinstall lightroom later. Any other suggestions
welcomed in the meantime.
Simon Greener (greeners)
On 21 September 2015 at 11:39, Akash Sharma <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I have same symptoms on Windows 8.1. LR runs lightroom.exe -register and asks to be restarted. After restart same thing happens again.
Any advice from Adobe on how to solve this?
Please reset Lightroom Preferences once
Backup your catalog before Resetting Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Help | Back up a catalog
To Reset Preferences See Resetting Preferences in Lightroom CC/6 | Lightroom Blog
Let us know if that helps
thanks, I have tried that too to no avail unfortunately.