5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2015 9:16 AM by dj_paige

Photoshop/Lightroom CC for photography - Lightroom won't work!

Doc28715187

Last night I subscribed to the combined Photoshop/Lightroom CC for photography.  The download went fine and Photoshop, so far, seems to work alright.  However, when I opened Lightroom it said I had Lightroom 4, not 5 or 6 or CC,  Also, the file menu has no import or open options.  Finally, whenever I try to switch from library to ANYTHING else, I get an error message.   I already have Elements 13 installed but have no option to import those catalogs, albums, tags, etc, either. So now I have what appears to be an old Lightroom version that won't let me do anything.  I'm using a MacBook Pro with Yosemite. The installation began in Adobe Program Manager which opened after I paid.  I haven't gone into Creative Cloud.  I was signed in to Adobe at the time.  I restarted the computer and made sure that Lightroom was activated. Nothing changed.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

• 1. Re: Photoshop/Lightroom CC for photography - Lightroom won't work!
          dj_paige Level 9

Sounds like you are opening an old version of Lightroom. What do you see that indicates it is Lightroom 4? Can you show us a screen capture?

How are you opening Lightroom? What are the EXACT steps? If you are double-clicking on an icon, what is the name of this icon? Can you show us a screen capture? You should be able to open Lightroom CC from the Creative Cloud application on your computer.

• 2. Re: Photoshop/Lightroom CC for photography - Lightroom won't work!
            sarsaxen Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Doc28715187,

Would you please reinstall Lightroom from Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application?

The latest version of Lightroom is Lightroom CC, It should not say Lightroom 4.

Please try reinstalling it and share the result with us.

Regards

Sarika

• 3. Re: Photoshop/Lightroom CC for photography - Lightroom won't work!
              Doc28715187 Level 1

The name "Lightroom 4" is present at the top of the window when I open Lightroom.  The first time I opened it I did so from the Adobe Program Manager which had just been used to download and install the program.  Next I tried to open it using an alias, but this only opened the programs folder on the computer where I could see the Lightroom icon  Then I double-clicked the Lightroom icon.  That also brought up the "lightroom 4" thing I noted in my original question.  Again, I haven't gone into Creative Cloud yet, but at the start couldn't figure out why I would even see "Lightroom 4." The other issues emphasized that something basic was wrong.

• 4. Re: Photoshop/Lightroom CC for photography - Lightroom won't work!
                Doc28715187 Level 1

Will do.  Is there anything I should do before re-installing it to prepare? Should I "uninstall" it first?   Also, will I encounter any issues regarding downloading that could possibly look like a second copy of the program that could cause download problems at that time or even later when I try to install a second copy on a second Mac?

• 5. Re: Photoshop/Lightroom CC for photography - Lightroom won't work!
                  dj_paige Level 9

The name "Lightroom 4" is present at the top of the window when I open Lightroom.

This is totally irrelevant. It's just a name, it means nothing.

Look under the Help Menu in Lightroom, and look next to About Adobe Photoshop Lightroom ... what version does it say there?

Is there anything I should do before re-installing it to prepare? Should I "uninstall" it first?

I would not bother reinstalling since almost definitely you are running Lightroom CC (but please do tell us what version you have as described above). With regards to your problem about switching to Library and getting an error message, please tell us the exact complete unedited verbatim word-for-word error message.