9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2015 4:04 PM by Mrinmay Majhi

Unable to retrieve my collections on my LRCC.

ZachRed

Unable to retrieve my collections (several) . Try al that I know. When right click on Collections, the option is selected but at the end of the name there is a "star".

I had no filters selected when the collections were created. Hope you can help me. Thanks. Zach

• 1. Re: Unable to retrieve my collections on my LRCC.
          sarsaxen Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi ZachRed,

• May I know which option are you referring to?

• What do you mean by retrieving a collection?

Don't you have images available in your collections?

Please share a screen shot if possible.

Regards

Sarika

• 2. Re: Unable to retrieve my collections on my LRCC.
            ZachRed Level 1

Hi Sarika,

I have have multiple collections organized in my LRCC. Just recently, while trying to open my collections in the usual way and what I had done countless times in the past, the list of collections and the collections is absent. I am assuming they are somewhere in LR and in the computer but I fail to get them to show up. One more thing, When I right click on Collections, a "star" is present by the word. I don't know the meaning. Thanks for your help. Zach

• 3. Re: Unable to retrieve my collections on my LRCC.
              elie-d Level 4

The star only indicates that Collections is the heading on which you have right-clicked. Right-click on Folders and it will have a star.

• 4. Re: Unable to retrieve my collections on my LRCC.
                ZachRed Level 1

Hi again.  Maybe I did not explain well. I have several collections in LRCC. Work with them all the time

as well as creating new ones. I must have done something to create this problem. I have not intentionally

deleted them for sure. The "star" at the end of the word Collection when right click must have a meaning that I cannot elucidate. I would appreciate your suggestions. Thanks. Zach

• 5. Re: Unable to retrieve my collections on my LRCC.
                  sarsaxen Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Doc28715187,

Would you please share the screen shot of the same?

Regards

Sarika

• 6. Re: Unable to retrieve my collections on my LRCC.
                    elie-d Level 4

Collections are catalog specific - that is, they show only in one particular catalog, the one in which they were created - and, of course, they can contain only photos that have been imported into that catalog. Do you have more than one catalog? Or have you accidentally created a new empty catalog? Are you sure that the right catalog, the one with the collections, is open? Have you tried opening your most recent catalog back-up?

• 7. Re: Unable to retrieve my collections on my LRCC.
                      ZachRed Level 1

I have several Collections in LRCC. I tried my back external drives with no success. Tried to open Catalogs and the only catalog is related with a recent collection I created, in attempts to see if I could work with it and solve the problem somehow. I am able to bring up all my photos in the library and work with them in develop mode.

I have no problems creating new collections or working with them.

I tried multiple items in library, view and window lists unsuccessful. I have the feeling that I accidentally touch a key in my computer and hide everything. Thanks for the help so far

• 8. Re: Unable to retrieve my collections on my LRCC.
                        ZachRed Level 1

Hi Sarika,

No, I don't have any images available in my collection catalog. Interesting is that al the collections that

I had synchronized with my iPad are still there. All of them. That makes me think that my collections must be hidden in my computer somewhere. I must have touched a key by mistake. Still trying to repair the problem but no success yet. Thanks,

Regards. Zach

• 9. Re: Unable to retrieve my collections on my LRCC.
                          Mrinmay Majhi Adobe Employee

Hi ZachRed,

It seems that you have opened a catalog which doesn't contain any images in the collections.

You were using different catalog on which you have the sync turned on for the collections to be synced to your iPad.

Please click on File > Open Recent

Then choose the other catalog listed in there.

If you do not see any other catalog name in the list, please search your computer and external hard drive(if any) for the catalog file.

Eliezer Dinur has correctly mentioned that Collections are catalog specific - that is, they show only in one particular catalog, the one in which they were created - and, of course, they can contain only photos that have been imported into that catalog.

Hope this helps.

~Mrinmay