5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2015 7:46 AM by A.T. Romano

Smart TV/DVD Player not recognizing mp4's ripped from elements 11 on network drive

Chekizian

Hi,

Has anyone else had the problem where the output from Elements 11 isn't being recognized by smart tv's, etc?  On windows 7.  mp4's I make from ripping software are shown, but anything from adobe isn't, for a while I it was recognizing mpeg-2, but the last one I made, it didn't and mpeg-2 files are huge.  I'm moving away from discs and it's really annoying that the formats aren't recognize. Any help would be greatly appreciated

• 1. Re: Smart TV/DVD Player not recognizing mp4's ripped from elements 11 on network drive
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Chekizian

I understand that you have Premiere Elements 11 on Windows 7 (presumed 64 bit). The rest I need clarification on.

Are you saying that you export your Premiere Elements 11 Timeline content to mp4 or mpeg2 file and save it to a network drive and are then trying to access the mp4 or mpeg2 on that network drive from your Smart TV player?

If that is the case, can these same .mp4 and .mpeg2 files be played back on you TV if that are stored on the computer hard drive and not on the network drive?

If I am correct on the above, I am recalling a report here a while back where the bitrate and file size as well as other TV (firmware) and network factors resulted in failures. There was not solution at that time, even at the device level.

Please review, consider, and give more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Smart TV/DVD Player not recognizing mp4's ripped from elements 11 on network drive
            Chekizian Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. 64 bit. When I go to the share function, I try and create 29.97 frame rate HD mp4's so i can watch my videos via my tv from the home network. The files are created and play back fine on the computer, but when I go to access them on the network shared drives (my videos), they don't show. I tried on both a samsung dvd player and a panasonic smart tv. It will recognize mp4's that are created with ripping software, but for some odd reason, it won't recognize the mp4's from adobe. I have tried several frame rates with no luck. I have gotten mpeg-2 to work, but not always. Now that you mention bit rate, I'll take a look at the specs on the mpeg-2's that seem to work.  I don't know if they would be playable if I accessed them via a direct link to a hard drive. I could try.

If it's been raised before and there is no solution, then that's fine. I was able to create an AVCHD disc that did play, but it's not the preferable format. Also, do you know if this is an issue with Elements 13 too?

Chris

• 3. Re: Smart TV/DVD Player not recognizing mp4's ripped from elements 11 on network drive
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Chris

Thanks for the reply.

I will see if I can find the thread that I am remembering which relates to what you are trying to do. It has been a while.

In the case of the other user, the player was not new and no further manufacturer information was available to us to get it work.

Do you recall any of the characteristics of the MPEG2 that did work?

ATR

• 4. Re: Smart TV/DVD Player not recognizing mp4's ripped from elements 11 on network drive
                Chekizian Level 1

The mpeg-2 specs are 1080i 29.97 frame rate. that is what was selected. however, it didn't work for the current video when I selected that as the output. I tried an mp4 spec'd to 720p 29.97 and that wasn't recognized either. I will try to see if the tv recognizes it as a direct plug in from a USB. I did some research and found that a lot of tv's don't seem to recognize "ripped" media.

• 5. Re: Smart TV/DVD Player not recognizing mp4's ripped from elements 11 on network drive
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Chekizian

We will be watching for further developments as your schedule permits.

Just double check to assure that there are no protected video issues involved obviously or remotely. Sometimes even just background music source can be the target for the protected video issues.

ATR