4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 1, 2016 8:01 PM by tommyshizzle

have lost my pdf drag and drop feature

Javeps

When trying to drag and drop .pdf to illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign - a small icon on the .pdf with a red circle and red line through it. I was able to grab a pdf and hover over a program icon on the desktop and drop to open it in that particular program. but now I cant.

I cannot drag and drop a .pdf to a email message anymore and the only changes I've done have been upgrading to windows 10.

• 1. Re: have lost my pdf drag and drop feature
          Pattie-F Level 7

You might want to search the Windows sites or forums. I have seen some reports of drag and drop issues in Windows 10.

• 2. Re: have lost my pdf drag and drop feature
            jbm007 Adobe Community Professional

It turned out that the reason for the loss of Drag and Drop in Windows 8, and 10 is very simple this "User Account Control or UAC." This “controller” constantly interfere in my work and it is the first thing that I turn off after installing Windows.

• 3. Re: have lost my pdf drag and drop feature
              Javeps Level 1

After researching and trying different things on my own, I don't know exactly how but, I figured it out. I right clicked on my Adobe Illustrator CC desktop shortcut and clicked on "open file location" once there I made a shortcut using that source and guess what? now I can drop an .pdf into it and it actually opens it.

I notice that in the shortcut properties under (shortcut) the path that's in the Target field is different than the shortcut created automatic by when I installed the adobe applications.

Untitled-1.jpg

I can now drag and drop my files on the application and it actually opens.

• 4. Re: have lost my pdf drag and drop feature
                tommyshizzle

I didn't know there was a difference. Javeps is the MAN!!!

• Creating a Desktop Shortcut directly from the Target: "C:\Program Files\"Your Application.EXE"  Folder fixed the " Drag and Drop File on Application Shortcut " issue. ! ! ! !@@@@