3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2015 2:15 PM by A.T. Romano

Wavy Zebra lines

robror51

I downloaded some video clips from chip card to hard-drive, imported them into Premiere Elements 13 timeline, and noticed that roadway stripes and fence lines had a wavy zebra like effect. There was no wavy zebra effect when viewed from the hard-drive.

How do I get rid of that? When and how do I need to render clips?

• 1. Re: Wavy Zebra lines
          A.T. Romano Level 7

robror51

.What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

What are the properties of your source video clips (brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video). Was the video recorded

with an interlaced frame rate rather than a progressive one?

What did you (manually) or the project (automatically) set as the project preset (project settings) for the project in order match the properties of the source video?

1. When the video arrived on the Timeline of the Expert workspace (Premiere Elements 11, 12, or 13), was there an orange line over that Timeline content?

If so, did you

a. hit the Render button over the Timeline

b. hit the computer keyboard Enter key

or

c. go to Timeline Menu/Render workspace

When the Timeline rendering was completed, did the orange line turn green? Was the problem gone? If you have version 10 or earlier, the orange line would have been red, but the rendering complete line would be green.

Let us start here and then we can decide what next - whether or not to apply Field Options/Reverse Field Dominance at the Timeline Level or something else.

What is your final destination for the Timeline content?

Any questions about the above, please ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Wavy Zebra lines
            robror51 Level 1

Wow!  All great questions. Thanks for your response.

I used a Canon XA20 AVCHD on auto and am using Elements 13. I will go over

the  either/or's tomorrow and go into the program and see what I can find

out.

Robert N Rorebeck

*Video Production Coordinatorrobert.rorebeck@gmail.com

<robert.rorebeck@gmail.com>813.917.5670*

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 4:17 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: Wavy Zebra lines
              A.T. Romano Level 7

robror51

Thanks for the reply.

We will watching for your progress as your schedule permits.

I am particularly interested in whether you are working with interlaced video setting for your camera.

Just in case note, in your searches, if you see 59.94i or 60i, that is 59.94 fields or 60 fields per second also known as 29.96 or 30 interlaced frames per second.

ATR