3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2015 2:32 PM by A.T. Romano

I am getting a voice delay on my videos. I hear myself talking before my mouth moves

kaiyaw23841567

I am getting a voice delay. Before my mouth starts moving I hear the narration. I have not add any effects to the video. Please advise how I can fix this problem

• 1. Re: I am getting a voice delay on my videos. I hear myself talking before my mouth moves
          A.T. Romano Level 7

kaiyaw

That sounds like audio out sync with the video.

What version of Premiere Elements and on what computer operating system is it running?

Since you talk about narration, to what are you referring

a. your voice that was recorded with the camera at the same time that the camera was recording the video?

or

b. Premiere Elements Timeline with your video on Video 1 and your narration clip in the Narration Track?

If b is the case, how did you record the narration clip...with the Premiere Elements Narration Tool or other?

What was the camera that recorded your files?

Let us start here and then decide what next. We will plan our troubleshooting strategy based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: I am getting a voice delay on my videos. I hear myself talking before my mouth moves
            kaiyaw23841567 Level 1

Hi. Well I recorded the video on my webcam, and I did the narration by talking on the webcam, so option (A). Also I am using Premiere Elements 13. Also I am using a windows laptop.

thanks

• 3. Re: I am getting a voice delay on my videos. I hear myself talking before my mouth moves
              A.T. Romano Level 7

kaiyaw

Thanks for the reply.

Premiere Elements 13 on what computer operating system? Have you updated 13 to 13.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

I am understanding that you are bringing into Premiere Elements only one file from your webcam and that this one file is coming into the program with its audio linked to the video part of the file. Do you know any the properties of this file - video compression, audio compression, frame rate, interlaced or progressive, file extension , pixel aspect ratio?

And, if you run your video through the free video audio properties readout program named MediaInfo (Tree View), do you see 3 frame rates in the video properties for the file.MediaInfo download | SourceForge.net

Just be careful with your choices during the download and install of the program since it is known to travel with unwanted baggage.

My first impression is that your webcam recorded with a variable frame rate. And, Premiere Elements does not do well with such video audio. In this type of situation the answer has been to take the video with the variable frame rate into the free HandBrake program to get a H.264.mp4 with constant frame rate version. Then you import that H.264.mp4 file into Premiere Elements with Premiere Elements' Add Media/Files and Folders.

https://handbrake.fr/

Summary...

1. Determine if your video has 3 frame rates

or

2. Bypass the MediaInfo, and go for the fix with HandBrake

Any how tos needed for any of this, please let me know.

Thank you.

ATR