3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2015 5:21 PM by Szalam

Option for Quicktime rendering isn't available, even though I have Quicktime installed and working fine!!!

noellar81643419

Please help asap! I need a video rendered in After Effects for my animation class, and the option to render into Quicktime isn't there in the render queue drop-down menu! It's giving me every option under the sun BUT quicktime!  I've had Quicktime installed for almost a year now, and I've never had this problem with After Effects until now! I've uninstalled and re-installed Quicktime and that doesn't work! I've opened up codecs or caches and whatever, and that didn't work! I've rendered past projects fine on this exact same computer, exact same program successfully many times last semester, but ever since I had to renew my Creative Cloud membership and update my programs for the new semester, After Effects' render queue is not working for me!! Someone please help asap so I can move past this and get what I have to do done! I'm regretting the fact I even had to update anything, because all my settings were perfectly fine beforehand! Please help!

Also, I've just rendered out another file onto quicktime on another computer, and it works perfectly on that one, but gives me an error message saying "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file" when I transfer the finished Quicktime file onto my computer via USB. So I'm wondering, is this a Quicktime problem I'm having, or an After Effects problem?? Uninstalling and re-installing Quicktime doesn't seem to be doing much good, but I really don't know what else I can do!