1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 22, 2015 2:01 AM by James Kent

Indesign on laptop will not save or export PDFs while on home wifi

James Kent

Any ideas on this one? My InDesign behaves normally when in the office on my laptop but when I am out of the office it fails to save and won't eport PDF's either. Not sure whether it's down to the wifi - Illustrator and Photoshop all seem to work fine, just InDesign causing me a headache.

InDesign CC 2015 on Macbook Pro running Yosemite 10.10.5

• 1. Re: Indesign on laptop will not save or export PDFs while on home wifi
          James Kent Level 1

So I did a bit of digging and found this:

When InDesign starts to behave strangely, the number one suggestion for troubleshooting is to replace (or trash, reset or restore) the application preferences. This will remove corrupt preferences and replace them with a new set of default preferences, and often end bad behavior.

There is a quick and easy method for doing this using the keyboard: close and relaunch InDesign, and IMMEDIATELY hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences. There are two downsides to this method, however. First, you must be extremely fast on the keyboard (if you don’t see the confirmation prompt, you were too slow), and second, anytime you replace the preferences you will lose most program customizations, and using the keyboard method leaves you with no backup to restore them when the problem turns out to be something else.

deleted preferences and it all seems to be working now.