2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2015 6:27 AM by WolfShade

why does validate="integer" accept commas?

SRolly

Earlier versions of CF didn't let a comma slip through to mess up SQL statements.  This version does.  Not only that, but the javascript code in cfform.js, if extracted and run separately against a <form..>..</form> rather than a <cfform..>..</cfform> does trap and reject commas.  By the way this is true of validate="date", and validate="float" also.  I submitted a bug report on 9/14/15 and have had no response so far.  I notice that there were reports of this on this forum back in 2014.  Any thoughts other than abandon cfform?

• 1. Re: why does validate="integer" accept commas?
          BKBK Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Would it help to set a new locale at he top of the page? For example, The English have 2.0, but the Dutch have 2,0.

• 2. Re: why does validate="integer" accept commas?
            WolfShade Level 4

SRolly wrote:

Any thoughts other than abandon cfform?

There was a time, a while ago, where CFFORM was kind of neat.  I used it a few times for generating Flash forms (mostly for security, ironically.)  Now, Flash is either dead, or dying; no point, now.

But, IMHO, these days CFFORM should never be used (those who disagree, hold your hate mail.)

I never liked the built-in "validation" of cfinput, etc.  I've always built validation from scratch (client- AND server-side) that gives so much more granular control.  So, if that's the reason you're using CFFORM, please do yourself a favor and learn basic validation (preferably server-side; client-side is nice, but can't be relied upon.)  You can use Regular Expressions to validate integer, float, etc.

HTH,

^_^