3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 22, 2015 2:35 AM by john beardsworth

how to create smart collection from phone catalogue?

bdanin

I have a mobile collection that is synced to the cloud. I can see the folders on my desktop, but for some reason they come in unnamed batches.

(note: my desktop catalogue is not the same as my mobile catalogue, I do not want to upload my massive desktop catalogue)

See first attached screenshot

Screen Shot 2015-09-21 at 9.06.15 PM.png

(confused about the multiple duplicate names – maybe it's for every time I have to sign in? no idea)

I would like to create a smart collection that pulls in photos from folders, but it doesn't work.

See second screenshot of the rules for my smart filter for some reason showing 0 photos.

Screen Shot 2015-09-21 at 9.07.08 PM.png

• 1. Re: how to create smart collection from phone catalogue?
          Mohit Goyal Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi bdanin,

Every time you sign to the Lightroom Mobile and Add Images it add another on the Lightroom Desktop version, that's why it show it multiple times.

You can Create Smart Collection's by going into the collections and Drag and drop your Images from folder's, else you can select the Images first under the folder and then  create a smart collection and leave box checked.

Lr Collections.PNG

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

~Mohit

• 2. Re: how to create smart collection from phone catalogue?
            john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I think the problem is that while the folder name looks like "Imported Photos" in the Folders Panel, this is only a pretty label and the Finder/Explorer folder is actually called something else like a0ae49e570c58e5fbdefb1fd3a14b736a31654e6a505cce21d6d5612908c9820 (right click the Imported Photos and go to Explorer/Finder). It looks like smart collections haven't been updated to reflect this.

So you need the smart collection to search for the camera. In this example below, the Folder criterion should work but doesn't (that criterion is useless here). If I add iPhone 6, the smart collection doe lists every photo taken with that phone, so I'd probably change Match to All, then add extra criteria like a date range or exclude photos in normal folders by changing Folder to doesn't contain My Pictures (or wherever).

John

SNAG-0008.png

• 3. Re: how to create smart collection from phone catalogue?
              john beardsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP

As proof of my "pretty names" theory, this smart collection returns the expected photos.

SNAG-0009.png