This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
> I have a pic of a women wearing headphones, the background is white but i want
> to show her on a black background
> So i have created a blackground in fireworks.. how do i now get the women out
> of the background she is in and onto my black ground without grabbing any of
> the background surrounding her??
You can do this a couple ways:
1) Use the Magic wand to select the white background and delete it, then
touch up the edges around your subject.
2) Create a vector or bitmap mask to hide the white background. This is
more flexible and less destructive to the original image, as no pixels
are actually deleted from the image. This is the method I would recommend.
Vector masks give you more control over fine tuning the mask, and it
will give you a chance to get some practice with the pen tool.
Jim Babbage - .:Community MX:. & .:Adobe Community Expert:.
Extending Knowledge, Daily
CommunityMX - Free Resources:
.:Adobe Community Expert for Fireworks:.
The easiest (most acurate) way to do this. . .
1. Select the pen tool
2. Zoom into about 400% depending on the size of your picture
3. carefully etch around everything that you want to be cut out (the person)
4. fill this black.
5. maybe feather it on or two pixles.
6. with the new black shape and the picture selected go to modify>mask>group as mask. there ya go..now just put it onthe black bg.
Personally I'd use Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro.
Use the magic wand tool and select the background,
Invert the selection,
Paste on new background image.
But that's just me. ;)
> Personally I'd use Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro.
> Use the magic wand tool and select the background,
> Invert the selection,
> Paste on new background image.
> But that's just me. ;)
It is ;-)
Personally, I would NOT use Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro because
Fireworks is the better tool for this task. Here's a tutorial with the
This has the advantage that edges will be antialiased to any background
automatically and no pixels from the original image get deleted. Try
that in PS or PSP...
reach : connect : communicate
blog : tutorials : articles : gallery